Sutton Wilderness Trail

Sutton Wilderness Trail is a 1.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Norman, Oklahoma that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Sutton Wilderness Trail makes a beautiful scenic walk, run, or bike. Once this property belonged to the Griffin Memorial Hospital. The patients would fish the pond. Very historic area. You can see small mammals such as rabbits, skunks, opossum, and squirrel. You can see many birds and waterfowl. Open during day only.

Great trail with plenty to see. Nice beginner trail for families who are starting out with hiking.

Nice short walk with the family and dogs.

I love walking the Sutton Trails. it is very pretty and peaceful. I've met several nice people while walking the trails.
I feel very fortunate to have a nice place like this here in Norman.

We do this trail with our dog and granddaughter weekly!

Quick and easy trail in the middle of town. It’s clear from the active construction throughout the trail that more improvements are on the way. Gravel/paved the whole way and it’s fairly easy with a baby stroller.

Ok trail for when you need to get in a quick hike without driving far. Glad they are expanding the parking lot. Trail is paved/gravel whole way.

Hubby, kids (14 and 9) and I did this 1.3 mile trail in 30 min. Great, new-ish gravel path takes you all around the park. Tons of mosquitos though. We had to hike super fast to keep them from biting us. Par for the course I guess...it is Oklahoma! We saw lots of birds, spiders and a turtle. Love that we can pop over and get our nature fix without driving too far.

I couldn't complete the loop because the trail was washed out. It would be nice if there were a restroom at the entrance as well. Saw some pretty sunflowers and there are some shaded parts of the trail that are nice.

The trail is beautiful however it is not marked and so when the gravel ends it can be confusing where the trail is supposed to go next. However, we used this to or advantage and just took every little turn the dogs wanted to investigate and ran with it. Ultimately we head a great time, we went right after some rain so it was muddy but who cares about a little mud?!

Monday, May 29, 2017

Nice trail... beautiful lake surprise... needs better signage. Really enjoyed the hike with my daughter.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

great for a small snack with kiddos

Sunday, May 07, 2017

Monday, January 30, 2017

A good nature walk in the heart of the OKC metro. Nothing very spectacular but a nice wooded dirt trail to walk, run without concrete around.
The main trail being smooth, you can take your little one in a jogging stroller, (with tires and shocks) for a walk.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Great trail in the middle of Norman. It was a good getaway when I was in college. There are often lots of hikers and bikers on the trail. Not a whole lot to see but is a fun way to escape the city without actually leaving.

Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Gfrt

Thursday, September 08, 2016

trail was in poor condition and areas looked bewildered.

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

I came here for the first time with my three kids and I liked it a lot, the only problem is there's a part of the trail under construction.

Saturday, July 02, 2016

Easy, level walking or jogging trails. Be careful as most the dog walkers don't use leashes. Look out for deer in the evening.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

This is just a nice little get-away in the middle of town.. who knew? I've been walking this route for years now.. Love taking my dogs here too.. about 1/2 the trail is shaded and about 1/2 in the sun.. best time to go is early morning or sunset.. such a fabulous get away from the concrete I'm typically surrounded by... grab a friend and go for a walk.

Saturday, April 09, 2016

It's a nice community trail in Norman. It's good for family's, casual walks and the fishing in the pond is pretty good (catfish, bass and sunfish).

recorded Sutton