Stinchcomb Wildlife Refuge: East Trail

Stinchcomb Wildlife Refuge: East Trail is a 5.2 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Oklahoma City, Oklahoma that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from March until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Couple stars earned for the distance and occasional peaceful spots of scenery, but overall pretty underwhelming and boring. The first mile and change of the trail also has exposure to local road and aircraft noise.

Very disappointing!

No, I was not expecting Mt. Everest, I understood the "easy" rating. Essentially. the entire hike is on a farm road with tire tracks/Rita throughout. There are short spurs leading you down to the river. There was shade pretty much throughout. I saw a few animals during the hike (rabbit, box turtle). It was quiet and peaceful to a degree but largely lacking in sights and grandeur. I took my dog with me. A little guy or girl would do alright, although, again, very little changes.

I won't make a second trip...

It was ok... There was an area where we were next to a busy road and the noise was super loud.

Beautiful, easy hike for young children and the access to the water is nice for extra exploring and fishing.

Absolutely my favorite place. Peaceful by the river watching the kayakers float down. Lots of bunnies and armadillos. But bring bug spray. Duh... I shouldn't have to tell you that.

Nice patch of nature in the city! Extremely easy. Very heavy with mosquitos and ticks. Watch out for dog doodoo.

Nice and peaceful trail. Not marked well in some spots. Bring your tick spray!

Could be a nice Trail, but not marked. A portion of the hike has to be walked on the toad

Friday, October 21, 2016

Such a beautiful place!! It was nice to escape from reality for a bit! I'll definitely have to go again! It's perfect if you're looking for a more woodsy feel.

Friday, October 21, 2016

Beautiful wooded hike. Very enjoyable!!!