Stanley Draper Green Red and Blue Loop

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray Star(168)
Lake Stanley Draper Mountain Bike Park

Stanley Draper Green Red and Blue Loop is a 6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Oklahoma City, Oklahoma that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 6.0 miles Elevation Gain: 275 feet Route Type: Loop

It smells really awful there and it’s adjacent to a landfill!!!! so before you head out into the trails just be aware that is what you will be smelling the whole time on your hike or bike ride.... you have been warned.... I would not go back.

Trails open today. Very nice run!

closed

Closed due to covid19! Come on people. It’s not like the virus floating through the air waiting to pounce a biker when he rides by!

Made the drive down there today for there to be signs that’s said “ALL TRAILS CLOSED, FOR EVERYONE”

Great trail! Not terribly busy. Went on a 57 degree day in January & it was nice. If you follow the green, red, & blue trails with no shortcuts though the distance is 7.5 miles not 6.

Being from Arizona, we were desperately looking for trails in the area we were visiting (Shawnee). We decided on these bike trails since they were nearby and seemed to have good reviews — we were pleased with our decision! Bikers were courteous to us and our 2- & 3 - yr old boys, and the boys enjoyed running along the even trails. All in all, a pleasant walk that allowed us to be outdoors for a bit.

Today was my 1st time on a mountain bike trail; ever! I am 67 yrs old and concerned about degree of difficulty. I am in good physical condition but the trail still work me hard compared to road or gravel riding. The transition signs could be better. I ended up doing about 9 miles because I missed turns. I did all but the red diamond. Brushed my arm a few times, chickened out on a few drops, and bogged down in the sand once. Loved the berms. Got lost twice. Went to the gym b4 going. Wont do that again! Liked the challenge. Will go as often as I can.

We took the Red route. Nice trail, but 6 miles in I asked a mountain bike rider if we were nearing the end, he said it was another 5-6 miles by that route. The day was ending and we had to GPS out. We’ll walk it again when we have more daylight.

it was awesome, enjoyed it very much there were all types of riding that could be had on these trails. Great

I’m a newbie and was really ready to go all 6 miles (on foot- most are bikers) but got worn after 4. The winding trails get a little weary! But a great place to train for longer hike.

Wed Feb 20 2019

Be smart - it's easy to get lost in here if you don't know the area well. there are maps posted but they can be difficult to read. Great trail but I'd it's more for biking than trail running.

Sat Jan 26 2019

Sat Jan 12 2019

Terrible for trail running. Seems like it was just built by mountain bikers for mountain bikers.

Wed Nov 21 2018

This is one of the better trails in the area. I have had 2 crashes on this trail and I still keep coming back. There is some sections that can get sandy coming out of a turn . Even though the parking lot is packed most of the times I hardly come across a biker on the trail. Most of the time I come across a runner or hiker.

Wed Oct 24 2018

Trail is awesome today

Sat Sep 01 2018

This trail doesn’t offer anything challenging other than the annoying sand at every turn. Useless if you ask me. That would be the only challenge on this trail. Save your time and pick another trail

Thu Aug 23 2018

Good trail fairly new to MB riding. Encountered several deer actually had to stop for the fawn to get out of the way. Gonna head back tomorrow for the big course that’s about 3-4miles in. If I’m laying there call paramedics!!

Thu Jul 12 2018

HOLY TICKS!!!!!!!!!!! This place is festering with ticks; I would not walk this trail by any means again. Found about twenty small ticks and two large ticks after hiking here

Mon Jul 02 2018

Well maintained mountain biking trails!

Sun Jul 01 2018

I experienced that lost labyrinth feeling - very interesting

Sun Jul 01 2018

It was definitely a bike trail, not for hiking with dogs. I would go bake to do x-country or mountain biking. No water by the trails but a mile down the road you can find the lake. Watch out for the ticks, I found a couple.

Sat Jun 30 2018

Nice varied trail, mild elevation change but more than I would have expected from OK. Well shaded, beautiful green forest setting and packed sand trails. In 2 hours only saw 1 polite mountain biker, but did see a deer! Lots of back and forth trails. I used my GPS and don’t think I could have done it without. Overall, great trails for the area and worth the drive from Norman.

Sun Jun 03 2018

We had a good time here and the trail was beautiful and maintained.

Tue May 01 2018

Crazy amounts of ticks. My husband and I had 7 on us and found 2 in our car after so be careful. Trails were pretty flat and very in and out, but had some fun obstacles.

Wed Mar 28 2018

Pretty awesome trails, a little hard to follow on which one your on, they need updated trail maps onsite

Thu Nov 02 2017

This is a well designed trail that is lots of fun and challenging! Some new areas are under renovation now but it looks like it will be awesome.!

Wed Oct 11 2017

poorly maintained. very hard to tell which trail goes where.

Wed Apr 19 2017