Skyline Trail

Skyline Trail is a 11.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Broken Bow, Oklahoma that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

bridge out

Skyline trail, Beavers Bend is a 7 mile out and back trail located near Broken Bow, Oklahoma that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking and is accessible year-round.

Awesome trail!!!
We started from dogwood campground and back at the broken bridge where road starts again and back to dogwood campground. total miles = 10. very steep at some points but definitely worth it

This is an excellent trail. The only important thing to point out is that the parking lot/trailhead listed here is not on the same side of the river as the trail and there is no longer a bridge. As previous posters did, I had to hike downstream to find a safe place to wade across both starting and coming back to my car. I would recommend to instead park at the dead end of the road that used to be the bridge. This is the road that you use to get back from the end of the trail and constitutes the final stretch (the smooth curvy part) on the hike outlined here.

The bridge to the skyline trail is out, we crossed the river just down from where it should have been, a little cold but with trekking poles I felt safe even with my 35 lb overnight bag. Plentiful water sources if you bring a filter, like we did, you won't need too carry much. You could handle the loop with a light pack but of you plan on staying the night there's only 1-2 spots near available. Stayed in a small clearing near Sylvie Falls with a small fire ring and saw another great spot a few miles past that. If you hammock camp the rocks won't be an issue but that's the main issue when looking for a campsite. Well marked, I'd rate it as moderate myself.

The bridge to the skyline trail is out! The only way to get to the trail head is by driving across the spillway or wadding across the river.

Great hike. My husband, myself and our 2 older labs did the whole trail over the weekend. There were very few people on the trail that day. No switch backs. Nice elevation changes. Trail was well marked for the most part. Had to cross a few streams. Be sure to bring plenty of water and snacks. We walked to the trail head from our camp and then had to walk back when we were finished. My pedometer said we did a total of 16.3 miles in about 5.5 hours. The dogs definitely slowed us down. We are already planning on coming back to do this hike again before it gets too hot.

In a state where so many trails are poorly marked and difficult to follow, this one is a pleasant surprise.
There's a variety of terrain, environments, and views along this thorough day hike. The trail itself is well-maintained and relatively smooth, so you don't have to constantly look down for fear of twisting an ankle.
There's plenty of creeks, waterfalls, and clear pools if you want to refresh yourself along the 7 to 9 miles of trail, and be ready for steep elevation change with no sign of a switchback.
I loved this hike and would come back again. However, it pays to plan ahead. If you don't arrange for a ride and hike the entire length, you'll be adding an extra mile or two when you walk along the road back to the trailhead where you parked your vehicle.

this trail is definitely one of the hardest I've hiked. make sure you carb up before heading out and bring PLENTY of water! that being said, it was so awesome. The views, the river we walked along for a while, and the people (dogs) we met along the way made it all worthwhile!

Nice trail, well marked. Alot of road walking and one of the bridges is down so there is a mandatory river crossing, plus a few small creek crossings. Overall nice trail bit campfires aren't allowed on the vast majority of the trail so plan on that and having to deal with possibly wet clothes from river.

Girlfriend and I hiked this while in broken Bow for my birthday. Didn't really plan on hiking it, but overall it was great. Might should have given us a little more time to stop and enjoy some of the views, but we wanted to get back before it got too dark. We had to detour the last little bit of the trail due to flooding the previous spring, but really didn't miss much. On our way back to the car, a park ranger stopped and made sure we were OK and asked if we needed anything, very polite.
Some great views, some wildlife, good climbs and decents, definitely challenging, overall it gets two thumbs up for me!!