Skyline Trail

Skyline Trail is a 11.6 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Broken Bow, Oklahoma that features a waterfall and is only recommended for very experienced adventurers. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

fly fishing

bridge out

Great views.....steep climbs. Trekking poles are a must! Bring plenty of water and plan to make a full day of this trail. This app saved us many times from getting lost. The trail is marked fairly well and there are a few areas you have to walk through high grass and cross several streams. Great hike

please be prepared. We had a camel back with 70 oz of water with a 20 oz bottle and a 16.9 oz bottle between myself and my wife. it wasn't enough. normally I wouldn't need near that amount bit for some reason this trail I needed more. also. check in with the rangers and let them know your going to be on that trail. and let them know when your down.

great trail though

Pretty fun hike that keeps you climbing up and down for most of the trail. Most of the trail is marked; however there seems to be a few places where the previous flood damage has not been repaired or updated to clearly direct you on the trail. This hike will take you 10-11.5 miles to complete the full trail loop (depending on where you park your car or where you camp). For experienced hikers this trail should take you about 5-6 hours and our dog loved it! Bring plenty of water with you!

Awesome trail!!!
We started from dogwood campground and back at the broken bridge where road starts again and back to dogwood campground. total miles = 10. very steep at some points but definitely worth it

This is an excellent trail. The only important thing to point out is that the parking lot/trailhead listed here is not on the same side of the river as the trail and there is no longer a bridge. As previous posters did, I had to hike downstream to find a safe place to wade across both starting and coming back to my car. I would recommend to instead park at the dead end of the road that used to be the bridge. This is the road that you use to get back from the end of the trail and constitutes the final stretch (the smooth curvy part) on the hike outlined here.

The bridge to the skyline trail is out, we crossed the river just down from where it should have been, a little cold but with trekking poles I felt safe even with my 35 lb overnight bag. Plentiful water sources if you bring a filter, like we did, you won't need too carry much. You could handle the loop with a light pack but of you plan on staying the night there's only 1-2 spots near available. Stayed in a small clearing near Sylvie Falls with a small fire ring and saw another great spot a few miles past that. If you hammock camp the rocks won't be an issue but that's the main issue when looking for a campsite. Well marked, I'd rate it as moderate myself.