Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Sheppard Point trail

Sheppard Point trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Kellyville, Oklahoma that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, fishing, and horses and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Sheppard Point is an excellent destination for access to Oklahoma's Heyburn Lake and taking advantage of hiking and sightseeing in nearby Lake Heyburn State Park. Sheppard Point offers a handful of equestrian-friendly sites where horses can be kept behind the sites on tether poles.

Trail was a little overgrown and pretty chopped up and muddy from the rain and horses. The lake is muddy and so views of the water aren’t that great either. Lots of ticks as well... needless to say I don’t think I’d do this one again.

bridge out

My daughter and myself had a lot of fun horseback riding this trail. That said, some of the trails were hard to follow and there is a small bridge that I would not take our horses across because you could tell it was old and was off kilter across the creek. And another path went across a little creek with large rocks meant to make it easier to cross but with horses it was a leg breaker (if they stepped in the wrong place) so we turned back and took a different route. But it was a fun little ride and they have a new wash down station for the horses which the horses really appreciated since they were hot and sweaty. And we got help from the staff mainly getting a new hose for the horse wash and she was very helpful and nice.

good trail for dogs and a good trail for beginners looking for a decent exercise.

A little muddy with recent rain, but overall safe. Can’t wait for spring to bloom here. I’ll be back to enjoy it again!

Markers were visible. It would be much better if it was better maintained. Nice little hike.

Lost the trail several times. Poorly maintained. There are several trails out here but who knows where they are or where they go

Very poorly maintained. I actually lost the trail a couple of times since it was so overgrown. Not too difficult but very narrow and there are a few slick spots.

Monday, July 17, 2017

We just stayed on the inner trail in order to shorten the trek. The trail was made more difficult by the fact that it is not very well maintained. There were a lot of debris (dead trees and such) and several places where we had to walk through tall grass.

Monday, September 05, 2016

They charge a fee to walk through this very boring sub-par scenery.

Monday, August 08, 2016

It was okay. They were out of maps and the trails are not well marked. The grass is tall in areas, we went through one small mud patch but it had rained a little that morning. Quiet, no one was there at 8 in the morning.

Friday, October 02, 2015

had a great time with my brother here. however, it was a bit muddy and difficult to get through. we did find a trail that wasn't bad and gave us a good view of a waterfall. nice lake too.

Tuesday, March 27, 2018