Roman Nose State Park Trail

Roman Nose State Park Trail is a 2.9 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Watonga, Oklahoma that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

Great scenery and easy hike. This is the second time I've been there a year apart and the dam has been closed both times so I've never been able to complete the loop. It doesn't even look like they are working on it so I probably could have crossed it. Maybe next time!

Dam is closed, making the loop impossible. Other than that, great trail with great scenery.

Cool place to visit and easy to explore

I go here often for a fun day hike! Always have a great time!

The trail was fun. Very easy to follow and the terrain changes frequently. I enjoyed the scenic views a lot. The best part was I found the little waterfall/spring and was able to enjoy my lunch by it. It's tucked away in there but if you walk directly behind the sign that talks about the spring you will find it. Also found a great spot on the trail to throw up hammock, and I enjoyed a nap.

Trail started out really cool but about a half mile in, it is closed due to "safety". And on the trail website the closure is not mentioned. I drove close to two hours for a trail that wasn't even fully opened.