Prague Lake Trail

Prague Lake Trail is a 6.4 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Prague, Oklahoma that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and horses. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Easy hike on horse trail.

How do u load a map before u go

I had a blast walking this trail with my husband, had the main trail marked with pink markers and a blue trail that ran off the pink one. the blue trail that ran off the pink one were a little more challenging however much more scenic. started off relatively easy but by the time that 4th mile rolled around I was having to push myself, absolutely loved it!

This trail is a great trail for a day out on the terrain. I started the trail at 2:30 pm this last Saturday. I started East on the trail. The trail started off as an easy wide path trail. There was several sand pits that made trudging through them difficult. The trail was wide and well groomed. About 3 miles in the terrain changed and became a more moderate terrain. My legs were burning at this point, so I began to question life choices. Still it was a great trail.

There are 2 campsites on the trail. One is in the woods about 2.5 miles in from the east. The other is in an open field on the other side of the lake. The field campsite has a well pump, the woods campsite has no water.

I stopped at the field camp, pulled out my hammock, and rested a while. After I filled up my water I headed out. The last half of the trail was fairly easy to end out the day.

Overall I would hike this trail again many times.

This was a great experience. The terrain changes from one moment to the next. We only a single canteen of water, so I would recommend bringing 1 per person.

The trail is well established and fairly easy, however there are areas with deep sand and loose rock that add some difficulty. The trail is not very scenic it's mostly shrouded with dense woods with the exceptions of a few clearings where the lake is visible. I may try it again after the leaves fall. While on the trail I came across two groups on horseback, squirrels, several whitetail deer and an armadillo. Be cautious and make sure you keep your young ones on the trail and teach them how to identify poison ivy because it's everywhere.

Saturday, June 04, 2016

Ok - it was rainy the day we hiked. Beautiful setting.

Sunday, January 15, 2012