Narrows Trail to Boulder Mountain

Narrows Trail to Boulder Mountain is a 1 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Indiahoma, Oklahoma that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, rock climbing, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

rock climbing

This trail takes hikers to the top of Eagle Mountain (nickname Boulder Mountain) This hike begins on the narrows trail and then cuts off on a rock scramble to the top of Eagle Mountain. The overall gain is not very much but large rocks that must be navigated up or around are not for the faint of heart.

This was an amazing trail. We got there around 3 and it was beautiful. We saw a lot of wildlife including bison antelope a fox or bobcat and longhorn. We had fun navigating around the trail and rocks. The views looking down into the Narrows are amazing. We only saw one other couple hiking out so we had it to ourselves which is always cool.

This trail was great! We found it easy to maneuver through! However, I can see how it would be difficult for others! Just be prepared to climb over and hop to boulders!

Water was up so couldn't complete the last little bit. The narrows was nice but underwhelming.

Great but have plenty of time and no dog.

Great boulder scramble, not for the faint of heart. The trail is easy to follow until you get to the base of the mountain, after that point you're on your own as the path to the top is unmarked. Invest in some gaiters or your shoes and your socks will be covered in hedge parsley seeds.

I went in to the Wichita Mountains National Wildlife Refuge not expecting much. The park was quiet, clean and the staff at the visitor center was extremely friendly. The Narrows Trail or "The Narrows" as the park calls it, is a little hard to find. Angela, the nice German lady at the visitor center, pointed out exactly where to find it.

The trail begins behind a cabin, and winds its way down to the creek before boulder mountain. The creek was low enough that I could cross without getting my feet wet. I climbed up the right side of Boulder Mountain, when you cross the creek. It took about an hour and a half to get to the top. I was unfortunately not able to travel to the back of the mountain because of the tough path I took up. There's no great way to climb up the mountain.

Overall, it was an enjoyable hike and climb. Shockingly, I was the ONLY person hiking. It was nice to have the mountain to myself :).

Did this with my 2 year old...not excited about the stream crossing (with said 2 yo) but if you turn around there, it's fun for rock scrambling...

Really fun trail with great views and changing scenery. The terrain changes as you go along making for a fun hike with a little bit of challenge.

Trail? What trail? This was a very difficult climb and not much of a hike. Every once in a while you could see something that resembled a trail but it didn't last very long.