Memorial Day Sale! Get a year of AllTrails Pro for only $14.99
Get Started

Mountain Top Trail Loop is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Muse, Oklahoma that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.5 miles Elevation Gain: 265 feet Route Type: Loop

Camping trip in the Ouachita National Forest.

very simple trail, some nice view's

Nice trail through the woods, not much to see.

I’m thinking of returning with my 4yo. I think he would enjoy exploring parts of this trail. Pretty easy hike on the far side of the street. Goes along road so cars are quite visible. I would say this hike is good for beginner or timid hikers.

We arrived at Winding Stair campsite and there was only one other camper so we had our choice of the sites. We parked and quickly jumped into the hike. I’ve hiked quite a bit and this was one of the buggiest experiences I’ve had. Spider webs blocked the trail every few feet - most of them with huge, quarter size spiders on the web. Bees followed us through the entire hike as well- literally until the sun went down. Harmless of course but eventually we hit the road and walked back to our campsite that way. Camping was wonderful with no one else around, but the lack of foot traffic made the trail bug happy. Bug lovers dream ^~^

Very nice, weather was perfect 70 for August, no complaints, beautiful mountain, I love it,

Sun Aug 12 2018

The trail wasn't that great. It's a narrow trail with overgrowth along the sides of the trail making it hard to spot any snakes.

Sun Feb 18 2018

nice short trail, lots of wind today.

Mon Feb 05 2018

This has few dramatic elevation changes. Has some of the best views of any day hike on the Talimena Scenic Byway, especially on the west end of the trail, the north and south has views of the valleys throughout, especially during leaf off. Shows off the micro environment differences between north and south faces, both are phenomenal.

Sat Oct 06 2018