Mount Scott Scenic Drive and Overlook

Mount Scott Scenic Drive and Overlook is a 5.6 mile out and back trail located near Lawton, Oklahoma that offers scenic views and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for trail running, road biking, and scenic driving and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

scenic driving

Located on the eastern edge of the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge, Mount Scott is one of Oklahoma's most prominent mountains. A spiral shaped paved road leads to the summit and a breathtaking view of southwest Oklahoma. The peak towers 2,464 feet above sea level. Parking is available on the summit so that you can get outdoors and enjoy the vistas and some rock hopping or hiking.

It’s not true trail running it road running but if you start early on a clear day the sunrise is amazing.

scenic driving

I LOVE WICHITA MOUNTAINS. I have been twice now (about a 6 hr drive) and would go again and again and again. Mount Scott is always worth the drive to the top for a chance to get some great shots and admire the park. No trails but you can park and walk around and find your own little spot.

I love this road to the top of mount Scott. I don't think I'd rate it as easy though. It's a tough climb for me.

The views were amazing!!! However there was a lot of traffic and blind spots going up the mountain that we decided to drive it instead of hike!

Great place to hike and drive! There's little foot path when hiking from the bottom to the top. Be careful of cars driving by and people walking! Overall everything was great

rock climbing

Had a great workout climbing from rocks to rocks. Awesome scenic view from the top! Amazing experience

Fun, and simple.

Sunday, February 19, 2017

alot of fun, wife and I signed our name on the guard rail walking up

Sunday, February 12, 2017

great

Friday, February 10, 2017

Hard but beautiful

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Nice little drive up the mountain, parking at the top. The day I went it was bitter cold, with 20 mph north winds; so I didn't spend much time out looking at the views. But the views from the top are nice. Watch for hikers on the road as you make the curves

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

Good hike there 2 years ago and nice views on top of the boulders. Planning to go back again.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Sunday, October 23, 2016

awesome place

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Beautiful and it never gets old. Thrilling every time we go!

Sunday, July 24, 2016

Drive it, best views in the state of Oklahoma!

Sunday, July 17, 2016

We loved it. Gorgeous 360 degree views. You drive up and then there's several places to pull along the side and park and lots of parking at the top.

Sunday, May 01, 2016

So beautiful! The kids and I went here this weekend and had so much fun!

Monday, March 28, 2016

The Mt. Scott Scenic Drive is just that, a paved road to the top of Mt. Scott. However, I noted a number of people who parked at the bottom and walked or biked up/down the paved road for the challenge of it. I imagine one should be cautious walking on a paved road that winds up a mountain given the limited view of drivers around the curves, but both drivers and walkers seemed compatible during my visit there. At the top, Mt. Scott gives panoramic views of the reserve, to the west, Lake Lawtonka to the East/Northeast, Lake Ellmer Thomas and Medicine Park to the Southeast and the road to Meers to the north. There are decent paths to walk at the top to gain different vantage points (you don't have to see everything from your car). Not a hike, but well worth the drive for the views.

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Not a walking trail but the view from the top of Mt. Scott is just breathtaking.