Martin Nature Park

Martin Nature Park is a 2.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near The Village, Oklahoma that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

it was nice..... saw little kids on their field trip .. some construction going on with visitor center... Will have to come once they finish to see the all the trails

Took the kids (7 & 9) and had a great time. Well marked trails. Saw a bunch of wildlife: birds, deer, squirrels, fish, fox, several types of turtles, ducks. Well travelled and a little too many people. But great for a quick outdoor adventure when you can't get out of the city.

Great short trail options when you can't get out of the metro area. I hiked the main trail (Jim Thorpe Rehabilitation Courage Trail) and the connected Trail B loop with my son. We'll come back soon to do the Trail C loop. This is very easy hiking. We ran across deer and so many turtles, we lost count. Really enjoyed the Trail B loop because it ran right along Spring Creek. There was also an elevated observation deck where the main trail and Trail B meet.
Our hike was just over a mile long. If you add the Trail C loop I believe you can get close to 2 miles all together for this trail system.

The park also includes the Meadow Trail that is listed separately on AllTrails which you can connect to for a total of about 2.5 miles.

*There's signs at the entrance that state no dogs allowed.

As soon as I was about to enter the park one of the rangers stopped me and told me I couldn't walk my dog there because she might catch a disease from the wild animals there.
I don't know what was up with that. I think if the animals had diseases there they wouldn't let people walk there.

Nice short trails close to home. Consists of 3 main trails labeled A,B,C, with a few connecting trails. My fav is C as it is the most isolated. Can be a little busy at times.

So, from what we saw it was pretty, but we really didn't get to explore at all as a park ranger came up and told us that Edmond has an ordinance against dogs in their park (even if they're leashed and you bag their messes). They do allow service dogs though. so sadness :( going elsewhere. They don't want dogs interacting with the wildlife.