Lookout Mountain Loop

Lookout Mountain Loop is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Broken Bow, Oklahoma that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great workout with scenery but doesn’t have an “ah-ha” look at that view moment!

Definitely a moderate hike! Especially if you start at the 1st entrance to path. Strenuous climb up. Lots of large stones in path so watch your footing. Beautiful scenery.

Good family hike. There’s not much of a look out at the top. The trail is very rocky and narrow but it is well marked. Easy to follow the signs for my children learning to hike.

One of my favorite short hikes up at Beavers Bend, lots of Scenic Views and wildlife!

Thought it was going to be easier. Then it kept going up and up and up. Good hike. Would have liked that last log cut to avoid crawling under.

I walked this trail this weekend, it was more moderate and not easy in my opinion. Nice scenery, be ready for a steep climb and a good workout.

Good trail with young kids just the right difficulty.

Great trail for families. 7-11 year olds did great.

Take a left at the bottom of the steep incline to loopback around to the visitor center. This was not clearly marked. Do not cross the creek. It’s a great trail, we enjoyed it

great trail, hiked it with my husband, 9 yr old daughter, 4 yr old son and 1 yr old daughter in a carrier. had some pretty steep points but we all had a great time.

Wife and I did this hike. It was a very nice workout. Views were nice, no real lookout point.

This trail was challenging and fun but it is not "easy". Great workout tho! There is a "lookout point" although it's not much of one. It's marked by a small stone wall. However if you keep walking past the lookout point you will come across an even prettier view. The trail will also loop you back to the nature center if you start there. Needed a little maintenance as we had to crawl over a few down trees. We had a wonderful day and took some time to enjoy the nature center, all in all a great trail and marked well.

This is not an easy hiking trail! It is beautiful and the scenery is great, but there is no good lookout point. The one that we did find was not clearly marked so we hike 1 mile past it.

I accidentally did this trail, so I went in with no expectations. I am an active 28 y/o F and while I didn’t consider this trail very difficult, I definitely wouldn’t label it easy. Perfect length and just the right amount of effort involved to make it a great workout without being miserable! I do wish there would have been a good lookout point

This trail is NOT an easy trail. I would rate it moderate. After hiking the “moderate” Lakeview Lodge 4m loop two days ago and considering it very easy, I was not sure what to expect from this. It was more challenging and lots of fun. There is not a good lookout point at the top, as noted by previous hikers, and the trail changes names on the posted markers a few times, but it is easy to follow and loops back to where it started.

Great trail and views. No designated lookout, but it's a steep climb so stop and look around anytime you need to rest.

Very good trail! Wife and I did this trail as our first hiking trial ever. Nice scenery and good trail. Not very well marked but was a great starter!

It seemed more difficult and longer than expected which was a good thing!

Disappointed that it didn't appear to really have a "lookout" point.

If that's easy than hiking is not for me! 800ft is probably 600ft to much for me, haha.

No lookout on lookout mountain

recorded Lookout Mountain Loop