Lookout Mountain Loop

Lookout Mountain Loop is a 2.9 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Broken Bow, Oklahoma that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is best used from April until October.

This trail was challenging and fun but it is not "easy". Great workout tho! There is a "lookout point" although it's not much of one. It's marked by a small stone wall. However if you keep walking past the lookout point you will come across an even prettier view. The trail will also loop you back to the nature center if you start there. Needed a little maintenance as we had to crawl over a few down trees. We had a wonderful day and took some time to enjoy the nature center, all in all a great trail and marked well.

This is not an easy hiking trail! It is beautiful and the scenery is great, but there is no good lookout point. The one that we did find was not clearly marked so we hike 1 mile past it.

I accidentally did this trail, so I went in with no expectations. I am an active 28 y/o F and while I didn’t consider this trail very difficult, I definitely wouldn’t label it easy. Perfect length and just the right amount of effort involved to make it a great workout without being miserable! I do wish there would have been a good lookout point

This trail is NOT an easy trail. I would rate it moderate. After hiking the “moderate” Lakeview Lodge 4m loop two days ago and considering it very easy, I was not sure what to expect from this. It was more challenging and lots of fun. There is not a good lookout point at the top, as noted by previous hikers, and the trail changes names on the posted markers a few times, but it is easy to follow and loops back to where it started.

Great trail and views. No designated lookout, but it's a steep climb so stop and look around anytime you need to rest.

Very good trail! Wife and I did this trail as our first hiking trial ever. Nice scenery and good trail. Not very well marked but was a great starter!

It seemed more difficult and longer than expected which was a good thing!

Disappointed that it didn't appear to really have a "lookout" point.

If that's easy than hiking is not for me! 800ft is probably 600ft to much for me, haha.

No lookout on lookout mountain

Sunday, March 06, 2016