Little Baldy Trail

Little Baldy Trail is a 0.8 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Indiahoma, Oklahoma that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and camping and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Little Baldy Trail located in the Doris Campground is a hike up to the crest of a small rocky knoll with great views of the surrounding area.

This is a good hike for kids. We've taken it many times from Camp Doris and a few times from the bridge. It's pretty easy but there are pretty wildflowers and occasional wildlife along the way. We saw mountain boomers, small lizards and a few deer.

Great trail. Beautiful view to experience with young members of the family!

I sort of stumbled on to this trail, without a plan, except to kill time. It was a good little trail, has a steep section. Worth doing.

Short trail but nice views

Great short easy trail. There's a little bit of a climb to get right to the top but the only reason it was a challenge for me was because I had a three year old with me. Nice views of the lake from the top.

Easy trail. Great warm up. Still a good trail and view. Got to see exactly where we wanted to go.

We went last weekend and it was a perfect trail and the scenery was beautiful! We didn't see any wildlife but the views were amazing.
We also hiked Burford Trail in this same general area on another day and it was great! Saw a lot of wildlife activity and a cool lizard. You can see the dam once you get to the top and there is an Old Mine site too. It was a scenic trail.

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Great beginner trail. My daughter and I loved it.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Easy and quick hike right next to the campground. Great view for the sunset before heading back into the tent for the night.

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Thursday, April 07, 2016

great, simple, quick & beautiful trail!!

Monday, March 28, 2016

The Little Baldy Trail should be an easy hike for anybody who can walk a mile. It starts with a walk over the Quanah Parker Lake Dam. Balanced atop the "rocky knoll" at the other end is a heart-shaped rock many seem to have heard about in sightseeing guides. Along the way are many scenic views of the lake and surrounding area. Before or after this hike, a picnic at Quanah Parker Lake is a nice aside.