Lakeview Lodge Trail

Lakeview Lodge Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Broken Bow, Oklahoma that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

fly fishing

bridge out

Small 3-8 car gravel parking lot at each end of the trail. The southern trail is is larger and would accomodate a short truck and trailer. Full amenities one expects at a state park. For fee camping, from cabins to tent sites are available at the state park campgrounds, or primitive backpacking is allowed on some of the conjoing trails

Enjoyable fairly easy hike with a few moderately challenging elevation changes. The trail was 98% well kept with the exception being of a couple of places where trees had fallen and blocked the path where you had to "limbo" under them or climb over them. Not bad enough to keep you from enjoying this otherwise scenic trail. I would hike it again the next time I'm in the area.

This trail is misnamed and is actually the lake view lodge trail. There are two option, a 1.5 mile or 4 mile loop. It does not have a waterfall. Easy, peaceful, mostly flat trail. I carried my one year old on my back and had no trouble. There really is a beaver nature trail inside beavers bend, near the dam. Maps can be found on beaverbend state park website.

We found a trailhead near the playground across from the lodge but the trailhead name is Lakeview Lodge . Fun day, we had twin 5 year olds and they had no problem with the trail. It was well marked and well maintained. Never saw a waterfall but the lake level was very low.

Half the photos shown here do not appear to be from this trail. Didn't see a waterfall. Well manicured.

Was difficult to find at first. Trail head does not list this trail. Went Christmas morning. Nothing too exciting but was a good way to work off the Christmas food.

We couldn't find the trailhead or any markers. (And we weren't the only ones. We ran into another couple who had finally given up.) We followed what appeared to be a fisherman's trail along the river. It was not easy, but the scenery was nice. We had our four-legged babies with us, so we didn't venture too far (about 0.5 miles in and back) because it gets very steep in certain places. There has been a lot of flooding in these parts over the past year, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but even the trail marked on here is not the actual trail. It may be worth asking a ranger before heading out or a local- neither of which we did and I kind of regret now. We only had enough time to squeeze in one hike and I feel like we picked the wrong one...

it was a good trail, we did the shorter one because it was raining.

fly fishing

awesome place to visit

This trail had me very confused. The original map and description on this app is not Beaver's Lodge Trail. Google maps actually has markers for both trailhead locations that match the map given out by the state park. Needless to say, neither one of those locations led me to a trail.
I followed Spillway Rd. to what was suppose to be a trailhead. No markers or any kind of signs that a trail is present there. Hopped through some river boulders and made it to what looked more like a fisherman's trail (followed someone else's recording from here). NOT easy level. Sketchy path, close to river edge, some parts had me pretty nervous since I was with a three year old. Had to turn around.
Tried the second trailhead (marked on Google maps and park map), didn't see a trail at all.

So this review might be based on me getting lost but I really don't think so. This trail is listed in an article for the top 10 best trails in Oklahoma and it's the only one out of the 6 I've completed that had me truly dissapointed.

Great scenery. Runs right next to the river. The trail is a little washed out from when the river flooded in December. Great trail but not for someone who is looking for something listed as "easy" I picture an "easy" trail as something paved or that an elder could do. Just not wanting anyone to be mislead if that's what you're looking for.

Trail Quality: Trail was in good shape. I would give the trail itself 4 of 5 stars with 3 being average. A few down trees and a few wet sections, but easily avoided without getting wet. Elevation change was minimal and I would agree this is an easy trail for anyone willing to take on 4 miles of trails.
Scenery Quality: 3 of 5 stars here. Perhaps creek levels were down, but there was little water flow in the creeks. Didn't see any falls. The views along the lake were very nice. This was in March so very little green.

Fun hike with the kids...a good 2/3 of the trail is just bouldering along the river which is fun, but I wouldn't say "easy" (especially for young kids).