Lakeview Lodge Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Broken Bow, Oklahoma that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Small 3-8 car gravel parking lot at each end of the trail. The southern trail is is larger and would accomodate a short truck and trailer. Full amenities one expects at a state park. For fee camping, from cabins to tent sites are available at the state park campgrounds, or primitive backpacking is allowed on some of the conjoing trails

Great trail! We saw a lot of deer through the trail. Beautiful views of the lake!

Enjoyed our first hike at Beavers Bend. Beautiful trail with nice views of the lake. Saw a few other hikers with dogs on the trail; likely busier than normal as it is Labor Day Weekend.

Nice trail! Some steep sections but not difficult—mostly downhill. My husband and I completed it in 1 hour 33 minutes. Happy trails!

Note that it combines with other trails, so we had to double check directions a couple of times (trailhead map is faded; overall, when in doubt— stay right). Animal Review= lots of lizards, frogs, 5 deer, and a black snake.

Great route for a mild workout with the family, dogs, this is perfect! Behind the Lodge is a fantastic lake entry for them to play and cool down after! Bring water shoes for the lake.

This trail was pretty easy. It begins in the trees and winds around towards the lake. We didn’t run into very many people.

Not a technical trail unless you plan on hurdling the 20 or so trees that have fallen on the trail. Not sure if it all happened recently and it was just our luck or if the state park really doesn’t take care of their trails. A few times you couldn’t even see the trail. We carried our bikes about as much as we rode them. Otherwise it would have been a decent and scenic trail.

Pretty flat, easy hike. Portions near lake were flooded but easy to hike around.

Nice well kept trail easy hiking nice scenery lots of quartz everywhere

Hiked from start to finish with a picnic lunch in the middle and it took us 2 hours. Forest side was warm and lake side was refreshingly cool. Vistas were breathtaking.

Beautiful easy trail! Wish we could have hiked the whole thing, maybe next time!

Very pretty scenery and well marked. Would hike again!

Easy intermediate hike. Nice scenery. Easy to follow trail.

Thursday, September 21, 2017

Very quiet trail. We saw deer, squirrels, frogs and lizards.

Saturday, September 16, 2017

lots of ups and downs. Didn't see any other people on the trail. Saw some deer, squirrels and a racoon...not sure if it was really a racoon though. More difficult then expected!

Monday, September 11, 2017

Love the trails , but they got more than one trail and don't have them labeled very well easily to be turned onto another one instead of doing the 1.5 mile turned into a 5.7 mile trail but good scenery.

Sunday, August 27, 2017

There were a few trees in the trail, but overall is a beautiful trail!

Sunday, August 06, 2017

Great trail, very quiet an peaceful; I didn't see another hiker the whole time. I would agree with the other reviewers that this is more of a "moderate" level trail instead of an "easy" level trail. The path can get really rocky at times--plenty of opportunity to twist an ankle. Also, as the other reviewers have noted, there is no waterfall; the only water you see is the lake from a distance.

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Very nice trail. (intermediate route)

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Enjoyable fairly easy hike with a few moderately challenging elevation changes. The trail was 98% well kept with the exception being of a couple of places where trees had fallen and blocked the path where you had to "limbo" under them or climb over them. Not bad enough to keep you from enjoying this otherwise scenic trail. I would hike it again the next time I'm in the area.

Monday, February 06, 2017

This trail is misnamed and is actually the lake view lodge trail. There are two option, a 1.5 mile or 4 mile loop. It does not have a waterfall. Easy, peaceful, mostly flat trail. I carried my one year old on my back and had no trouble. There really is a beaver nature trail inside beavers bend, near the dam. Maps can be found on beaverbend state park website.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

We found a trailhead near the playground across from the lodge but the trailhead name is Lakeview Lodge . Fun day, we had twin 5 year olds and they had no problem with the trail. It was well marked and well maintained. Never saw a waterfall but the lake level was very low.

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Half the photos shown here do not appear to be from this trail. Didn't see a waterfall. Well manicured.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Was difficult to find at first. Trail head does not list this trail. Went Christmas morning. Nothing too exciting but was a good way to work off the Christmas food.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

We couldn't find the trailhead or any markers. (And we weren't the only ones. We ran into another couple who had finally given up.) We followed what appeared to be a fisherman's trail along the river. It was not easy, but the scenery was nice. We had our four-legged babies with us, so we didn't venture too far (about 0.5 miles in and back) because it gets very steep in certain places. There has been a lot of flooding in these parts over the past year, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but even the trail marked on here is not the actual trail. It may be worth asking a ranger before heading out or a local- neither of which we did and I kind of regret now. We only had enough time to squeeze in one hike and I feel like we picked the wrong one...

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

it was a good trail, we did the shorter one because it was raining.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

awesome place to visit

Friday, August 26, 2016

This trail had me very confused. The original map and description on this app is not Beaver's Lodge Trail. Google maps actually has markers for both trailhead locations that match the map given out by the state park. Needless to say, neither one of those locations led me to a trail.
I followed Spillway Rd. to what was suppose to be a trailhead. No markers or any kind of signs that a trail is present there. Hopped through some river boulders and made it to what looked more like a fisherman's trail (followed someone else's recording from here). NOT easy level. Sketchy path, close to river edge, some parts had me pretty nervous since I was with a three year old. Had to turn around.
Tried the second trailhead (marked on Google maps and park map), didn't see a trail at all.

So this review might be based on me getting lost but I really don't think so. This trail is listed in an article for the top 10 best trails in Oklahoma and it's the only one out of the 6 I've completed that had me truly dissapointed.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Great scenery. Runs right next to the river. The trail is a little washed out from when the river flooded in December. Great trail but not for someone who is looking for something listed as "easy" I picture an "easy" trail as something paved or that an elder could do. Just not wanting anyone to be mislead if that's what you're looking for.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Trail Quality: Trail was in good shape. I would give the trail itself 4 of 5 stars with 3 being average. A few down trees and a few wet sections, but easily avoided without getting wet. Elevation change was minimal and I would agree this is an easy trail for anyone willing to take on 4 miles of trails.
Scenery Quality: 3 of 5 stars here. Perhaps creek levels were down, but there was little water flow in the creeks. Didn't see any falls. The views along the lake were very nice. This was in March so very little green.