Lakeview Lodge Trail

Lakeview Lodge Trail is a 3.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Broken Bow, Oklahoma that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Small 3-8 car gravel parking lot at each end of the trail. The southern trail is is larger and would accomodate a short truck and trailer. Full amenities one expects at a state park. For fee camping, from cabins to tent sites are available at the state park campgrounds, or primitive backpacking is allowed on some of the conjoing trails

This trail was pretty easy. It begins in the trees and winds around towards the lake. We didn’t run into very many people.

Not a technical trail unless you plan on hurdling the 20 or so trees that have fallen on the trail. Not sure if it all happened recently and it was just our luck or if the state park really doesn’t take care of their trails. A few times you couldn’t even see the trail. We carried our bikes about as much as we rode them. Otherwise it would have been a decent and scenic trail.

Pretty flat, easy hike. Portions near lake were flooded but easy to hike around.

Nice well kept trail easy hiking nice scenery lots of quartz everywhere

Hiked from start to finish with a picnic lunch in the middle and it took us 2 hours. Forest side was warm and lake side was refreshingly cool. Vistas were breathtaking.

Beautiful easy trail! Wish we could have hiked the whole thing, maybe next time!

Very pretty scenery and well marked. Would hike again!

Easy intermediate hike. Nice scenery. Easy to follow trail.

Very quiet trail. We saw deer, squirrels, frogs and lizards.

lots of ups and downs. Didn't see any other people on the trail. Saw some deer, squirrels and a racoon...not sure if it was really a racoon though. More difficult then expected!

Love the trails , but they got more than one trail and don't have them labeled very well easily to be turned onto another one instead of doing the 1.5 mile turned into a 5.7 mile trail but good scenery.

There were a few trees in the trail, but overall is a beautiful trail!

Great trail, very quiet an peaceful; I didn't see another hiker the whole time. I would agree with the other reviewers that this is more of a "moderate" level trail instead of an "easy" level trail. The path can get really rocky at times--plenty of opportunity to twist an ankle. Also, as the other reviewers have noted, there is no waterfall; the only water you see is the lake from a distance.

Very nice trail. (intermediate route)

Thursday, March 16, 2017

Enjoyable fairly easy hike with a few moderately challenging elevation changes. The trail was 98% well kept with the exception being of a couple of places where trees had fallen and blocked the path where you had to "limbo" under them or climb over them. Not bad enough to keep you from enjoying this otherwise scenic trail. I would hike it again the next time I'm in the area.

Monday, February 06, 2017

This trail is misnamed and is actually the lake view lodge trail. There are two option, a 1.5 mile or 4 mile loop. It does not have a waterfall. Easy, peaceful, mostly flat trail. I carried my one year old on my back and had no trouble. There really is a beaver nature trail inside beavers bend, near the dam. Maps can be found on beaverbend state park website.

Saturday, January 14, 2017

We found a trailhead near the playground across from the lodge but the trailhead name is Lakeview Lodge . Fun day, we had twin 5 year olds and they had no problem with the trail. It was well marked and well maintained. Never saw a waterfall but the lake level was very low.

Sunday, January 08, 2017

Half the photos shown here do not appear to be from this trail. Didn't see a waterfall. Well manicured.

Monday, December 26, 2016

Was difficult to find at first. Trail head does not list this trail. Went Christmas morning. Nothing too exciting but was a good way to work off the Christmas food.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

We couldn't find the trailhead or any markers. (And we weren't the only ones. We ran into another couple who had finally given up.) We followed what appeared to be a fisherman's trail along the river. It was not easy, but the scenery was nice. We had our four-legged babies with us, so we didn't venture too far (about 0.5 miles in and back) because it gets very steep in certain places. There has been a lot of flooding in these parts over the past year, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but even the trail marked on here is not the actual trail. It may be worth asking a ranger before heading out or a local- neither of which we did and I kind of regret now. We only had enough time to squeeze in one hike and I feel like we picked the wrong one...

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

it was a good trail, we did the shorter one because it was raining.

Thursday, September 15, 2016

awesome place to visit

Friday, August 26, 2016

This trail had me very confused. The original map and description on this app is not Beaver's Lodge Trail. Google maps actually has markers for both trailhead locations that match the map given out by the state park. Needless to say, neither one of those locations led me to a trail.
I followed Spillway Rd. to what was suppose to be a trailhead. No markers or any kind of signs that a trail is present there. Hopped through some river boulders and made it to what looked more like a fisherman's trail (followed someone else's recording from here). NOT easy level. Sketchy path, close to river edge, some parts had me pretty nervous since I was with a three year old. Had to turn around.
Tried the second trailhead (marked on Google maps and park map), didn't see a trail at all.

So this review might be based on me getting lost but I really don't think so. This trail is listed in an article for the top 10 best trails in Oklahoma and it's the only one out of the 6 I've completed that had me truly dissapointed.

Sunday, May 08, 2016

Great scenery. Runs right next to the river. The trail is a little washed out from when the river flooded in December. Great trail but not for someone who is looking for something listed as "easy" I picture an "easy" trail as something paved or that an elder could do. Just not wanting anyone to be mislead if that's what you're looking for.

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Trail Quality: Trail was in good shape. I would give the trail itself 4 of 5 stars with 3 being average. A few down trees and a few wet sections, but easily avoided without getting wet. Elevation change was minimal and I would agree this is an easy trail for anyone willing to take on 4 miles of trails.
Scenery Quality: 3 of 5 stars here. Perhaps creek levels were down, but there was little water flow in the creeks. Didn't see any falls. The views along the lake were very nice. This was in March so very little green.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Fun hike with the kids...a good 2/3 of the trail is just bouldering along the river which is fun, but I wouldn't say "easy" (especially for young kids).

Thursday, June 26, 2014

This trail is labelled as "easy". My concept of easy would be that I can take my grandmother on a hike on the nature trail (she uses a cane). However this wasn't the case. Evidently the park personnel opend the dam a few years back which washed out bridges that were essential to being able to use the full trail (you are supposed to cross the river) Well, it wasn't advised on the map that you couldn't pass the trail. This resulted in a very interesting hike alongside the river and steep bank that was actually really nice, yet relatively challenging for someone who isn't prepared because they had the impression that they were on a Nature Trail graded as Easy.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fun little trail that is very scenic as it follows the river which has numerous cascades. The mature mixed forest timber is really sets off the river. Even though it appears heavily used, no one was on the trail the day I went. It would be a great hike for kids, just watch them around the water.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

More of an afternoon 'wallk'. It can be more difficult, depends on the route you chose. Loop route available. out and back and point to point. Not so much a marked route..more of what you make it. A marked trail exists...just no need to follow it.