Learn more

Inspiration Point Loop is a 5.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Watonga, Oklahoma that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Length 5.8 mi Elevation gain 518 ft Route type Loop
Dogs on leash Kid friendly Fishing Hiking Horseback riding Mountain biking Bird watching Lake River Views Wild flowers Muddy Rocky Scramble
Description
Waypoints (0)

Offline map recommended. Users have reported that the trail is not marked well.

Weather
UV Index
Daylight
Reviews (374)
Photos (345)
Recordings (316)
Completed (600)
Judith High
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 13, 2020
Hiking

amazing challenging for a person who's overweight but amazing

View Judith's Recording
Siddhant Gupta
View Siddhant's Recording
Susan Wortham
Hiking

Low traffic except close to start/end. Beautiful!!

View Susan's Recording
Joel Simonoff
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 12, 2020
Hiking

A little overgrown but really pretty

View Joel's Recording
amy w
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarSeptember 12, 2020
View amy's Recording
Chelsea Poteet
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarSeptember 7, 2020
View Chelsea's Recording
J.r. Graham
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 28, 2020
Hiking

Pretty rugged and over grown Just the way I like it

View J.r.'s Recording
Cale Lopp
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 16, 2020
Hiking

Great trail, a little long for kids unless they are experienced in hiking. Otherwise a great little hike for family.

View Cale's Recording
Stephanie Barbee
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarAugust 12, 2020
HikingNo shade

I walked this trail on a very hot afternoon in June. Probably not the best time of year to go, because of the heat, but still felt like it was worth it. I am an avid hiker, and while this felt more like a walk than a hike....I thought the area was beautiful and enjoyed my time on this trail. There were lots of warning signs for snakes, but didn’t see any. I would feel fine bringing pets or children on this hike, just watch some of the cliff-edges. They aren’t high in elevation, but there aren’t railings or signs warning of the drop off.

Josh Harvey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 9, 2020
HikingRocky

Another Beautiful place in Oklahoma! Super cool rock formations, woods, wildlife, flowers, cactus, and a nice view at the top! The only issue we had was the trails are not marked well. There are signs here and there but also a lot of off trail paths. I had to use the app several times. Be prepared to be out in the sun because it’s around 60% of no shade. Lots of small and large rocks on and off trail, some hills, and some decent step ups in a few places. Also, first time hiking with my 1 year old German Sheppard! He had a great time and definitely loved sitting in the water at the end!

View Josh's Recording
Lauren Wuethrich
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarAugust 1, 2020
Hiking

It was a good trail but not well marked. That was my only irritation. Luckily, I pulled up AllTrails while I had reception to follow the map back! The hike was a lot easier than I expected. Only a few steep spots. It was only about 85 degrees while we were there so that’s a plus.

Starla Stansell
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 27, 2020
HikingMuddyOver grownRocky
View Starla's Recording
Acacia Hainsey
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJuly 21, 2020
HikingMuddy

Such a great trail! Harder than I anticipated! This trail map is for the red trail (inspiration point), green trail (lower Mesa), and the switch back trail. I would honestly recommend skipping over the lower Mesa. It runs along the water, and is muddy, slightly overgrown, and has a lot of bugs. The rest of it wasn’t like that. I would also say to NOT GO if it’s rained recently. The entire trail was muddy. I went on a day that had a 20-30% chance of rain in the morning, and it rained. I didn’t expect that to be an issue, but mannnnnn. If I hadn’t of driven about 3 hours to hike here, I wouldn’t have hiked (I try not to tear up trails). I didn’t see/hear any snakes, but there are warnings for them, and I made sure to wear my hiking boots instead of shoes just in case. All in all, I definitely recommend!

View Acacia's Recording
pranshuk kathed
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJuly 19, 2020
Hiking

Beautiful one! It is good for all seasons. Amazing view from inspiration point.

View pranshuk's Recording
Polo Vasquez
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarJuly 18, 2020
HikingOver grownRocky

Good trails to hike. Decent view points, did our hike in the morning which I think why we didn’t come across any snakes

Tack Sappington
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarJune 13, 2020
HikingBugsMuddyOver grown

Not the most scenic route ever, but it’s pretty nice if you want to get a good workout in. There are some places where the trail gets thin and overgrown, but it’s not too bad. Me and my sister accidentally strayed from the main trail and had to scramble down a hill (my favorite part), but if you use AllTrails wisely you should have no problem. I don’t recommend going in the summer months like we did. It got pretty hot and humid. There are a few steep areas, but nothing too difficult. I would think it’s also kid and dog-friendly. Overall, a pretty good trail for Oklahoma.

Taya Sappington
HikingBugsRocky

Not too hard of a trail! The only reason we were able to find our way was because we had signal and could pull up the map. If you don’t have signal, it’ll be difficult. We heard some rattlesnakes but never saw any. Overall, a good trail to hike with just a few steep inclines.

Meghan Litchfield
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarJune 9, 2020
HikingRocky

Excellent trail. I recommend going in morning when still cool and also the snakes aren’t out yet. Cell service is terrible so know where you’re going and write directions prior to getting on the road.

Rochelle Somers
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 30, 2020
Hiking

Had my 1st hike here today. I loved the scenery! We got there about 9am and it wasn't too busy, though foot traffic picked up pretty quickly. We didn't see any snakes but the terrain is favorable for sightings.

Ian Sanders
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 26, 2020
RunningRocky

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=scTZre5acFY&t=232s Beautiful trail run

s c
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarGray StarMay 19, 2020
HikingNo shadeRocky

personally, i hated this hike. i’m not entirely sure how anyone can say it was pretty. there’s very little green area, which is fine but i felt like i was walking through someone’s overgrown backyard most the time. hardly any very elevation change and the “views” are of a pond. nothing prepared me for the amount of rattlesnakes we encountered. my daughter had one 3 inches from her face at one point and almost stepped on another - we saw about 10 total. it’s also not marked well, but not hard to find your way to where you need to be

View s's Recording
V Krug
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarMay 19, 2020
Hiking

Great hike with lots of ways to make the hike shorter or longer. We did the switch backs and it was worth the extra effort. Neither the AllTrails map nor the paper map from the welcome center had “Bubba’s Cutoff” indicated but it is a maintained trail that will cut off the extra hiking if you want it.

View V's Recording
Debra Wolcott
Yellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray StarMay 14, 2020

We walked around circles But we had fun. Forget trail map . This site at least show us where we were. Did this trail a few years ago, so we knew we would walk around circles for several hours.