Elk Mountain Trail

Elk Mountain Trail is a 2.2 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Indiahoma, Oklahoma that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

From I-44 take Highway 49 (exit 45). Go west 10 miles to the Refuge gate. If coming from Highway 62, take Highway 115 (Cache exit) north to the Refuge Gate.

Easy to moderate trail that gets its rating based on the uneven/rocky path and the elevation change. But, it's a quick one to do with great views at the top.

was a great trail to spend some time hiking with friends. had a few rocks and things that had to be climbed, but overall was a gradual step up until the upper part. we ended up going down a path at the end that was next to a river, and it ended up being much more difficult but a lot of fun. took around 30 min to get back, and around 1.5 hours going up with us stopping at every nice view.

A good trail for a work out. I was surprised by how many people were on the trail. It won't be a quiet nature walk if you go on a week-end. Lots of washed out spots on the trail, but easy to follow. Take water, take breaks, you'll do fine. Nice views from the top and some boulders to climb around on. There is actually a lot to explore up there if you have the time

This trail was pretty rocky and we were tired by the time we got to the top.(We are almost 50 years old). Very pretty once you make it to the top. Trail wasn't marked real clear so we ended up off the trail coming down. Good hike and we might do it again when we are in better shape.

We'll blazed and easy enough my 3.5 year old was able to hike the whole thing! Nothing technical and you get a great view of the surrounding area! There are some fun boulders along the way with a couple problems that provide some entertainment, if you're into bouldering. Overall a great experience!

Fun and perfect for families. Not as well marked as I thought it would be.

Love the trail it was a challenge and was a hidden gem.

Probably the best hike in Oklahoma, I may be wrong but this was a pleasant surprise, I did not expect the trail to be much fun but I truly enjoyed it. It reminded me of some of the walk around trails near Garden of the Gods in CO Springs. Anyway, I definitely recommend the hike if you're in the area or from the area!