Dripping Springs Trail

Dripping Springs Trail is a 1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Colcord, Oklahoma that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

cave

Dripping Springs Trail features the 77 ft. tall falls, the parks main attraction. There is also a spring along this trail, a small fishing lake, bluffs, and it follows a creek. Part of the trail is paved, most of it has natural surfaces. Be aware that there is a $5 cash entry fee.

The waterfall, spring and trail are all beautiful anytime of the year.

Pretty views, nice park, narrow trails kind of cause traffic jams on this trail when busy. Worth the drive. Park entrance is $5 per car, 2 other trails in the park.

Beautiful oasis feel.

Absolutely beautiful. Worth the drive to see.

Short trail, but beautiful scenery

Nice easy trail, really short, few good views

Beautiful! Easy hike & great waterfall!

I like this trail. Nice views of the lake and the falls from all angles.

Monday, July 17, 2017

great trail,very hot though, bring lots of water

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Absolutely loved! Trails are beautiful and well kept!

Sunday, May 14, 2017

Short but well worth the view

Saturday, May 13, 2017

Beautiful

Sunday, February 26, 2017

This was the first of three stops on a mini-road trip to OK, so we didn't spend as much time here as we might have liked. We did the main trail to/around the falls, and will absolutely be back to see it in the Spring or Summer. The falls are gorgeous, and the path to the little lake is quite pleasant.

Monday, February 13, 2017

We loved it. Beautiful falls. Fun hiking and climbing areas.

Thursday, October 20, 2016

Wish the water fall had more water, maybe I just went in expecting more from the falls like the pictures...

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Hike was great. We ended up walking around a few other trails but not to full completion. Views are beautiful. This was my first hike outside of my own town.

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Falls and streams were fairly dry but it's late in the a season. Had a good walk.

Saturday, June 18, 2016

Really cool place

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Excellent one day trip, to get out of town.

Monday, June 06, 2016

Beautiful park. Very kid friendly. Hiked part of the Dripping Springs Trail and the Fox Den Trail with my 3 year old right after a heavy rain. The views were incredible. Waterfall can be viewed from the top observation deck and from down below.

First half of the Dripping Springs Trail follows the creek. When we hit the little damn overflow, we took a right, crossed the creek and connected to the Fox Den Trail. The Fox Den Trail was mostly just wooded area. Wish we would of stayed on the Dripping Springs Trail although crossing the stones over the creek was lots of fun.

Highly recommend this hike, especially with kids. The entire park is very family friendly.

Sunday, May 29, 2016

I loved this hike. I did the falls trail. It was gorgeous! I did not expect to be blown away but I was. The hike was easy. And there was a lot of scenery with it. It was a short 45 minute in and out but I was sweating on an 80 degree day. I would highly recommend this hike to anyone!

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Had a lot of fun took the family only complaint is that when you get to the bottom of the falls there is a top hand rail but no middle one I tried to let my daughter walk around but was afraid she would fall the falls though were absolutely beautiful

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Great hike, beautiful waterfall. A must to check out!

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Beautiful waterfall. Wish big one has been flowing. This is well maintained short trail.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

well maintained, extremely easy and made for tourism.

Sunday, March 20, 2016

Only thing to disappoint me was that the big fall wasn't flowing. Still beautiful and fun though.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

decent trails with lots of people and foot traffic. nothing too difficult or steep. Saw lots of trash near the creek bed including someones socks, and 3 or 4 water bottles... 5 dollars entrance fee, lots of crying kids, and people smoking on trail.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

The hike is relatively short and easy. There is a couple of parts along the trail when you should take your age into consideration. The walk down to the falls has a few rough spots. The falls were beautiful. Although The top fall wasn't flowing when we went to the park it was worth the drive. I suggest going after a heavy rain, and also be prepared to pay a $5 entrance fee.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

It was pretty good

Wednesday, August 05, 2015

I did a quick trip to the park. Loved the falls! There is a place to view the falls from above and below. Walked the trail to the lake also, not very accessible for someone that can't get around well.