Clear Bay Trail is a 14.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Norman, Oklahoma that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

beach

Good experience! No ticks but we got chiggers. Dog loved it. Got a bit lost the trail markers are not very helpful, thank goodness for GPS. Will definitely use again.

There are seed ticks! You will get hundreds or so on you! Otherwise great trail, well maintained, the dogs had fun.

There were tons of tiny ticks. Bring lots of bug spray and water. This trail took about 2 miles an hour due to all the twists and turns. It's very easy to get going in the wrong direction. Parts of the trail are hard to determine if you are on the right one. There are so many trails to choose from. I will definitely go back in the fall once the tick have gone.

ticks were TERRIBLE even with Deet spray. great trail tho.

This was a great well maintained easy trail.
On the drive home we noticed hundreds of seed ticks on us. Please heed the tick warnings for July 2018!!

Holy ticks!!!! We would be back if it wasn’t for the ticks. May try again when it’s cooler. That many ticks just wasn’t worth it.

I love these trails for close to home hiking/running, but tend to stay away during the summer months due to ticks/chiggers. The few times I’ve ventured on these trails between May and September I’ve returned home with a ridiculous amount of ticks. I frequent these trails December thru March with much less of a tick problem.

needs to be cleared out lots ove overhang and a tremendous amount of ticks. if you come bring some high deet spray . I had over 100 tick bites using 40% deet. trails are really fun and the the plaid trail is very fast and flowy.

Walked the trail with my husband and 18 month old. Got a little lost and ended up on the red trail for a while before we realized what was going on. Still had a great, relaxing time. Came home with a fair amount of ticks on us.

Love this trail! I recommend going early in the spring because the ticks and chiggers are AWFUL out here during the hot summer months. These trails can be mixed and matched for different lengths depending on what you’re wanting. But have a map with you because it’s very easy to turn a 3 mile hike into a MUCH longer hike with one wrong turn. Watch out for mountain bikers! They have the right of way. There are lots of sandy areas along the trails so wear proper shoes or it’ll be like you came back from the beach.

Great for a good morning hike. Trails maintained nicely.

Rode the red loop close to sunset, and got lost for a few extra miles on some easier loops. Trails look to be in good shape, but sunlight is a must for the red trail..

Saturday, November 04, 2017

lots of options for distance and direction or one long day on the trails. the trail is narrow and there were a lot of bikers out the day we were there, we spent a lot of time jumping out of the way to let them pass.

Monday, October 09, 2017

Took kids (7 &13) on the green loop for a quick hike this afternoon. Nice easy trail and we saw a deer.

Friday, September 08, 2017

Good trail to just pass the time not hard just a easy trek.

Saturday, September 02, 2017

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Pretty trees and great view of the lake. we got to see three deer and a rabbit. This is great for a fun day outdoors.

Saturday, August 05, 2017

I came out to ride the scary Black Diamond trail and was severely unimpressed. Nothing 'Black Diamond' about the Black Diamond section.

Thursday, June 15, 2017

Did the whole trail. Its closer to 10-12 miles depending on how you take it. Lots of wild life, lots of ticks, lots of spider webs.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Beautiful wooded terrain! Plenty of different paths to follow. I'd like to try biking the trails next!

Saturday, June 10, 2017

Lots of ticks and the trails are hard to navigate but they are clear. I saw about 35 deer, coon and snake.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

This trail is close to Norman, Oklahoma and it is used for both Mountain Bike's and hiking. We did not see any other hikers, but we did run into a few mountain bikes. You can hike long or hike short

Saturday, December 03, 2016

Nice trail great for a quick hike or a short one. Have seen deer and enjoyed watching the leaves change as the season changed.

Wednesday, November 30, 2016

This place is really nice and it's just outside of Norman on the east side of Lake Thunderbird.
The trails have been clear of all debris every time I have hiked here. The trails are very easy to follow and laid out really nicely. Some are kind of challenging and others not so much. What I love most is that there is several different trails to hike and so each visit can be a completely different adventure. If you live in Norman and want a nice walk in the woods near home please check them out.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

If you are looking for doing the wood stuff do the gold trail and pull down by the dam and you can start there instead of going another 8 miles

Sunday, November 06, 2016

Nice trail clearly marked. Saw a doe on the way in! The mushrooms were abundant and colorful. Coming back next weekend to do a few other trails.

Friday, November 04, 2016

Good trail nice place to just lose yourself from the world for a hour.

Sunday, October 02, 2016

Spent an overnight, bugs weren't terrible the course was moderate not bad, there's four different loops associated with this loop, there's Green (easiest), Red, Blue, Gold. They are all fairly well walked with nice views being manly associated with gold, they are all interconnected, and thus to get to gold you stay to the far right or the loops, the transition from Blue to gold is not well marked and you will start seeing red and black checkered signs and red and white ribbons these are marking the gold trail for some reason. My friend and I had some wild dogs come to close to are camp at night for comfort, they made enough racket we both woke up and started are fire again to keep them back. They were looking for food but we had it all hung up. Other than that last little bit the trail was awesome it was my friends first trip backpacking so we took it slow and did this one so he could learn. All in all it was very enjoyable and I will probably go out again sometime soon!

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

nice trail, pretty views, moderate course. As with any trip to the woods in Oklahoma Bring DEET. My first hike with this app, it worked great when a fork in the trail was unmarked....definitely saved me some miles. we will be back with the dogs (& some vector tick repellent)

Friday, July 08, 2016

Nice trail. Very little traffic. Saw a rabbit and couple of turtles. I did walk away with a tick so don't forget the bug/tick repellant.