Choctaw Nation Trail (formerly Indian Nations Trail)

Choctaw Nation Trail (formerly Indian Nations Trail) is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Broken Bow, Oklahoma that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

great trail. nice scenery. barely saw any other hikers. My gps said 3.7 miles.
i imagine that fall, winter, and spring are even better.

Cross over 3 creeks, pretty view of lake.

The part of the trail that we did hike was nice!

Short and sweet! Good easy flowing trail.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

This was a great hike, especially for a beginner like myself. I can't wait to come back and check out more trails.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

I really liked this trail. we were able to do it with a jogger stroller for our toddler. it has lots of elevation changes. we saw some wildlife too

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Short but fun, lots of elevation change.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

No maintenance. Poorly marked.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

I guess I did this entire trail. I thought I had lost the trail because according to the map at the beginning of the trail, it looked much longer. I never passed the road it showed on the map so I thought it went a lot further. But I did 2.3 miles out and back so maybe I did the whole thing. I don't know. It was all uphill and was tiring. Very little views with all the trees so not really worth the steep hike. I got a good glimpse of the lake one time through the trees. Maybe it would be more scenic in the winter with less foliage. It's not marked very well in places.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

This trail basically runs from Talimena State Park to Billy Creek Campground. The park is about 7 mi NE of Talihina, OK. Park has tent & rv campsites with water & elec. Dump station avail. Trail starts from park & runs basically east parrallel to Hwy 1. Trail is over 40 miles long & not for beginners. Trail comes out just a little north of Nat'l Forest Serv Campground named Billy Creek. BC is a few miles north of Hwy 63 & west of Big Cedar. BC has tent & rv campsites. There is water & one pit toilet. There is a rv park & cabins & Big Cedar. There is no town at Big Cedar, it's just a road junction (63 & 259).

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oct 15, 2011 there are many more atv trails in this area.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Very good & challenging atv trail.

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Much of trail is old 4 wheel drive road. Fairly good signage although there is the opportunity to take a wrong trail. Best done in the spring when water is available. Great view of the Ouachita mountains.