Choctaw Nation Trail (formerly Indian Nations Trail)

Choctaw Nation Trail (formerly Indian Nations Trail) is a 3.8 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Broken Bow, Oklahoma that features a river. The trail is rated as moderate offers a number of activity options. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Great trail but very easy to get off on a different trail. They are marked but a bit confusing.

This is a nice trail. The only issue is there are really no markings. The sign at the trailhead says the trail is marked with red and white paint. This is not the case. It’s easy to start following the wrong trail at intersections. Make sure you have gps on.

I believe they’ve changed this again or you’ve recorded the Beavers Lodge Trail. Currently the park doesn’t even hand out information on this trail as a storm has left it in disarray. It is still labeled the Indian Nations Trail with huge signs at the two trailheads. They’ve done an excellent job flagging the entire trail. There are two sections. First goes north from Armadillo camp area for about a mile to Carson Creek Rd and comes back (this is a 2 mile rt). The other part leaves the same camp area and travels south along the lake for an in and out total of 7.2 miles and it’s difficult! Not a walk in the park and several water crossings. Has a 750+ elevation gain. Be prepared!

great trail. nice scenery. barely saw any other hikers. My gps said 3.7 miles.
i imagine that fall, winter, and spring are even better.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Cross over 3 creeks, pretty view of lake.

Monday, February 20, 2017

The part of the trail that we did hike was nice!

Saturday, February 11, 2017

Short and sweet! Good easy flowing trail.

Wednesday, November 09, 2016

This was a great hike, especially for a beginner like myself. I can't wait to come back and check out more trails.

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

I really liked this trail. we were able to do it with a jogger stroller for our toddler. it has lots of elevation changes. we saw some wildlife too

Saturday, March 26, 2016

Short but fun, lots of elevation change.

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

No maintenance. Poorly marked.

Sunday, October 04, 2015

I guess I did this entire trail. I thought I had lost the trail because according to the map at the beginning of the trail, it looked much longer. I never passed the road it showed on the map so I thought it went a lot further. But I did 2.3 miles out and back so maybe I did the whole thing. I don't know. It was all uphill and was tiring. Very little views with all the trees so not really worth the steep hike. I got a good glimpse of the lake one time through the trees. Maybe it would be more scenic in the winter with less foliage. It's not marked very well in places.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

This trail basically runs from Talimena State Park to Billy Creek Campground. The park is about 7 mi NE of Talihina, OK. Park has tent & rv campsites with water & elec. Dump station avail. Trail starts from park & runs basically east parrallel to Hwy 1. Trail is over 40 miles long & not for beginners. Trail comes out just a little north of Nat'l Forest Serv Campground named Billy Creek. BC is a few miles north of Hwy 63 & west of Big Cedar. BC has tent & rv campsites. There is water & one pit toilet. There is a rv park & cabins & Big Cedar. There is no town at Big Cedar, it's just a road junction (63 & 259).

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Oct 15, 2011 there are many more atv trails in this area.

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Very good & challenging atv trail.

Saturday, September 03, 2011

Much of trail is old 4 wheel drive road. Fairly good signage although there is the opportunity to take a wrong trail. Best done in the spring when water is available. Great view of the Ouachita mountains.

Thursday, June 01, 2017