Learn more

Burford Lake Trail is a 0.8 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Indiahoma, Oklahoma that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking and nature trips.

Distance: 0.8 miles Elevation Gain: 16 feet Route Type: Out & Back

Easy hike along the Burford Lake shore. A little rock scrambling towards the end and a nice view of the entire lake from the top, but barely any elevation gain. There are informative markers along the trail.

recorded Burford Lake Trail

Very easy, straightforward trail. Midway, it gets a bit overgrown so expect to get poked a lot. Once you reach the end though, very worthwhile.

I have always passed by this trail but decided to walk it and see because from the road it doesnt look that great, but to my surprise it's really an easy trail, easy to follow but was a bit overgrown. I saw hundreds of dragonflies they were beautiful, encountered a lot of spiders so be careful if you have children with you. I didnt make it to the end I think I walked half way but on the other side the grass was pretty tall so I decided to turn around and go back another day because it's been so hot time I get out there it's already getting late it doesnt give me much time.

Nice easy trail

This was a perfect short hike + picnic for my 4 year old and 9 year old. They got some prairie for a quarter mile, forest for a quarter mile, rock climbing for a quarter mile, all around a lake. The rocks made for a good lunch spot to over look the lake. It was moderately trafficked, and a short distance.

Mon Nov 05 2018

Easy hike along the Burford Lake shore. Did it with my 5 year old, we were just under a mile when completed. A little rock scrambling towards the end and a nice view of the entire lake from the top, but barely any elevation gain. There are informative markers along the trail.

recorded Burford Lake Trail