Bromide Hill Trail

Bromide Hill Trail is a 2.4 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Sulphur, Oklahoma that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from February until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 2.4 miles Elevation Gain: 246 feet Route Type: Out & Back

historic site

Great, well managed trail. The overlook is gorgeous.

I love all the trails here in the Chickasaw National Recreation Area. I made a video showing my favorites here: https://youtu.be/p-N_WpSvXAw

beautiful trails and clean. I took my three dogs and they loved it!

Such a beautiful day today hiking! This was our first time to come and I will say...we are definitely going back! I reccomend good hiking boots, sunscreen, bug spray, walking stick, lots of water, and snacks. Plenty of little off road trails to hike thru...watch out for poison ivy! We saw a lot of butterflies and huge hawks! Plenty of shaded areas...but also open sun areas.

My favorite trail Eva. I only do It after midnight.

Nice trail with a good payoff at the overlook. Did see some bison.

Nice gravel trail all the way through. The viewpoint is beautiful. It’s pretty flat until you get past the dam then you start inclining rapidly to get to the top!

Nicely kept gravel trail with beautiful views. Nice tree canopy, bird watching and streams along the way. Missed out on seeing bison!

Great place for families. The view at the top is nice. There are several nice trails in the park near this one.

Sunday, June 10, 2018

This is a nice gentle crushed granite trail up and back. I prefer something far more strenuous but I took my dad who has chronic arthritis but still loves the outdoors. Although he was still hurting, he loved this trail! The path is well maintained and is nice for all ages. I almost stepped on a gorgeous Speckled King Snake (not poisonous) crossing toward the creek about a 1/4th way up. There’s a little switch back once you start to gain elevation toward the overlook. The overlook is a nice treat compared to most spots in Dallas/Fort Worth. Just sit and enjoy the breeze and views. I have previously walked and hiked this in slightly rainy conditions and it was beautiful.

Sunday, May 06, 2018

Great day trip from Plano.90 minutes to Mountains, whitewater (okay, brown water) , but rapids nonetheless. A great escape from the concrete jungle. Dog friendly,family friendly and love the large deciduous trees.

Saturday, February 17, 2018

Super simple. Gravel path the whole way. View is alright, just of the city of Sulfur.

Saturday, February 10, 2018

Do it. Easy and you see how beautiful the state of Oklahoma is.and You start low and wide, and get to narrow high. The trail is maintained very well and is enjoyable.

Monday, December 04, 2017

Well maintained,steep, great view at summit

Monday, November 13, 2017

It was a beautiful day. The leaves are turning and falling. The trail can be steep in parts, but it is a really fun hike up. It was a pretty busy trail that day. We took the Bison Pasture Loop after to finish.

Monday, October 02, 2017

Nice hike to springs, valley overlook, amazing CCC stone work.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Hike was absolutely beautiful! However, be careful right now. My dog and I were within inches of being bit by a rattlesnake. Just keep your eye out!

Saturday, August 12, 2017

Great walk

Monday, July 31, 2017

It was not strenuous and the view was just ok.

Monday, July 31, 2017

Great trail and on the way back we took the Bison Trail which looped us around and it was 3.8 miles, very nice hike.

Sunday, July 30, 2017

Well maintained trails

Monday, July 17, 2017

Beautiful and not too difficult.

Thursday, July 13, 2017

loved it!

Thursday, June 29, 2017

good for relaxing with friends and family.

Friday, May 19, 2017

This is an awesome basic trail for family hikes.

Friday, April 14, 2017

Nice walk up to the Bromide Cliff Overlook. Great view. Well worth the hike.

Thursday, March 16, 2017

great local trails.

Saturday, January 21, 2017

Good trail beautiful view of town and area.

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Great trails, easy to moderate. I have lived within an hour of these trails most of my life and had never been until Saturday after Thanksgiving. The Bromide trail and the Bison trail are both well maintained and very scenic. We made about a 3 mile loop, going to the top of Bromide hill, then looping around the Bison trail. We all like to go hike different places, but don't forget those that are close to home as they may be a great hike. The trails are well marked and there are plenty of places to stop and rest, stick your feet in the water, or climb a few rocks.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Great views with some minor hills.