Arcadia Lake Trail

Arcadia Lake Trail is a 11.7 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Jones, Oklahoma that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

What a beautiful spot!! A great place to hike with children, we enjoyed taking a detour around the edge of he lake! We will be returning soon!

I had no idea that there were beautiful walking trails so close to me. Took the dog for a great hike. Who knew Oklahoma had walking trails? There is a lot of road noise but also a beautiful lake to enjoy! Be prepared to pay $2 per person and have your own own with you.......

Great trail! We followed the blue trail in and took the red trail back, to switch it up a little. My dog had a great time also. We saw lots of different mushrooms that were just fascinating. We also saw a deer with her two twin fawns, it was a great site until a biker came around the corner and scared them away. Over all I would highly recommend this trail for a good day hike.

Watch out for ticks :/

An easy Trail on a nice afternoon in the wintertime. Their are no long uphill's or downhill's. This path is also used as a mountain bike trail and we saw a few of those, so pay attention. It is close to OKC so if you don't want to drive far, but you want to get into the woods, I would recommend this trail

Great day to enjoy the trails and some time near the water.

Saturday, December 03, 2016

I hiked with my dog. it costs $2 or $3 to day hike depending on time of year. park by the lake office for easy access to trail. there are 2 trails....a red trail and a blue trail. they are easy trails but are very sandy in some spots. beware of mountain bikers! they ride fast on this trail cause it is flat and easy. the trail has lots of twists and turns. saw lots if birds and squirrels. pretty good trail for me cause it is close to my house. I am planning to start trail running....perfect starter trail for that.

Monday, May 02, 2016

The south trails are barely usable because of the ridiculous bike trail they are building. Technically you are not supposed to use it. There is no sign when u come in off of 15th.

Monday, April 04, 2016

I'm not sure about the other parts of the trail but I went out yesterday hiking west from spring creek park and the trail ends abruptly because it looks like they are building some sort of road.

Friday, October 02, 2015

i basically agree with dereck johnson. i'd heard how boring and lame this trail is and i was pleasantly surprised. there is some sandy areas i did not like. but, they dissuade me from going back.

Saturday, April 18, 2015

I ride parts of this trail at least monthly and have so for over 5 years. The trail has improved significantly. Trail heads are pretty easy to find. Consider the trail easy which all levels of riders can enjoy. There are sandy areas. I prefer to ride arcadia when other tracks are to wet. You can start at multiple locations (corps project office, central state park, edmond park or spring creek park. There is a charge for park entrances and an honer box at the corps of engineer trail head. I have found the trails to be pretty well maintained with descent trail markers. Good cardio rides with pretty low traffic. Enjoy.

Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Isn't much of a hiking trip because how easy and flat the trails are but it was an awesome walk in the evening. We showed up around 430pm and didn't have much daylight left to walk around but we managed to get in around 4 miles before dark. We went on a Tuesday evening and we didn't see anyone.

Monday, January 30, 2012

This trail is best ridden after a light rain as in dryer times it can be very sandy. Also the creek crossing can be difficult if not impossible after a heavy rain. I recommend running or riding in the late fall, winter, or early spring as during other times ticks and spider webs arcross the trail can make the trail not as fun. Not technical in most aspects it can still be a way to get into the woods without driving an hour.

Friday, January 20, 2012

Sandy and poorly marked. If you're close enough to Arcadia, you should just go to Bluff Creek trail or even better, the Draper trails.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good mix of trails and terrain, but they are poorly marked. Also got charged $6 to enter the park, but there was free parking at the dam. The trails also got VERY sandy near the creek on the western side of the trail. Had to walk our bikes at least 100 yards total in two spots.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Could have had better clues about map and on trail directions. We didn't have a clue about where we were or where we were going. Lol! Trail was nice though. Swalled by trees and tiny trail to walk on. Good for exercise and good for mountain bike but not enough room for someone to pass another. Lake beach close by for cooling off afterwards and intersting nearby places to check out.