Yellow and Red MTB Loop

Yellow and Red MTB Loop is a 4.1 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Strongsville, Ohio that features a river. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Located at and within Sugar Bush Loop trail off Royalton Road in Strongsville, this trail cuts up the middle of the MTB trail, then follows it along.

confusing. thankfully I had my phone to use as a GPS. the trails run into eachother.

Definitely wear boots and bug spray on this trail. Nice and shady but muddy. Can’t wait do this one again.

Good walk ! Even my 11 yr son liked it

I had previously done the Sugarbush and yellow loop many times, but decided to change it up and I did this one today. My only complaint (unless I totally missed something) is that it’s not exactly clear how to cross the small stream shortly after diverging from the Sugarbush trail. I initially passed where I was supposed to go and wondered off on a non-official path until it dead ended. Upon turning around and going back, I spotted the marker on the other side of the stream. I had to carefully cross the in the water level to get to the other side navigating around slippery rocks and other debris, however, had the water been slightly higher, it would have been impassable. It seems like there should be a bridge to cross the stream at this point, especially since the Metro Parks have constructed so many other bridges over smaller gaps/streams on the Red, Yellow, and Sugarbush trails. Otherwise though, like I said, a great and relaxing walk.

Trail isn't too difficult to navigate. My dog and I had a lovely run thru the yellow and Brush trails! Yellow trail had tons of cyclists on it, so be mindful.

Nice trail. Fairly easy for hiking. Lots of people on bikes so be prepared to step aside from time to time. Somehow at the end I didn’t end up back at the parking lot where I began, but a short walk down the road got me back.

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Great trail!

Monday, July 03, 2017

I accidentally did this trail and parts of others. Great trail and much fun.

Sunday, June 11, 2017

I used the red route as well as parts of the yellow route for trail running. The scenery is beautiful and it's almost all shaded, which keeps the trails cooler during the summertime. The red trail does have a fair bit of roots, logs, uneven ground that makes slows you down if you're trying to run it. On the yellow trail, you have to dodge cyclists, but the path is less obstructed. Overall, it's a great area!

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Love that they added the trails here to the metro parks. I live very close by and it is nice to have somewhere other than a bridal trail to do a short day hike. Take the kids, the dog, the girlfriend, take anyone. This is an easy trail that can be used for trail running, mountain biking or hiking. I run or hike it if i don't have a lot of time but want get out in nature for a bit. Would recommend to anyone in the Strongsville, Brunswick, North Royalton, Parma, Middleburg area to check it out. You will not be blown away by any scenic vistas but it has a nice slice of scenery with some streams flowing along and some cliff faces.

Monday, October 17, 2016

great place... the yellow trail is not a loop... thought i was lost....nice trails though..will go back next weekend to do the red trail

Monday, August 08, 2016

great mountain biking trail

Sunday, July 31, 2016

It was a very good, rigorous hike with lots of elevation changes. The trail is designed for mountain bikes, so it gets a little bumpy at parts, but it made the experience a much more immersive hike as opposed to an easy stroll. I enjoyed it very much and will be back for more!

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Favorite place to hike near home!

Sunday, April 03, 2016

Trail is very muddy if there has been any rain, or, in my case, 1-2" of snow. Pretty, if somewhat monotonous forest with stream crossings, a small lake, a discarded illegal still, and a population of white-tailed deer (spotted 3 large ones). About a half-mile from the end, a detour exists that goes onto the 6 mile mountain bike trail because of a river washout of the normal (yellow) 4.2 mile bike trail. I didn't take the detour and had some scrambling to get across the river. This is a great place when the trail is dry.

Saturday, January 03, 2015

accidentally found this trail. Not sure why it's there also, or why it's called the Red Cross Trail

Monday, August 14, 2017