Wildcat Hollow Trail

Wildcat Hollow Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Malta, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This trail offers two options; a 15-mile loop of scenic trail along ridge-tops and stream bottoms, and a short five mile loop for day hikes. Both trails will lead through tall pine forests, open meadows, quiet streams, rock outcroppings, and down old roads overlooking miles of beautiful landscape.

Backpacked here on a overnighter. Trails were well maintained and pretty easy to follow except a few spots just like others have noted. it rained most of the time I was in the woods, but it was still a great hike. Campsites were nice. Plan to hike this trail again soon.

Did the shorter loop. Fantastic trail. No other hikers in it during our hike in the middle of a week day. Trail does need better markings in some places but we were able to find our way with a map and limited cell service.

Did the long loop trail. About 17 miles total when added to the smaller loop. Felt like the trail was very well marked for the most part - at some of the road crosses it can be difficult to find the trail but manageable. Lots of rain so it was easy to follow the tracks. Only saw a couple of people on the short loop, nobody on the long loop. Very quiet, peaceful and great views. Plenty of campsites to choose from. Cold of water at streams if you have purification available. Enough elevation change to keep the heart rate elevated but not a strenuous trail. Very happy this trail is so maintained and close to home. Great 1st backpacking trip. Long loop offers incredible solitude and an ability to connect with nature. Looking forward to bringing the family out on the short loop. Good gravel parking lot and be trailhead, also had a bathroom.

Easier trail to hike but still had a good time. Even in winter (though 50s out) there was no water from maybe mile 6 to mile 10 so anytime you see water stop and get some. You cross a lot of raods so there's always options of stashing water as well. The campsites are decent but most had trash on them (the one I stopped at had a bit and I ended up carrying it out) and right off the trail, literally right off the trail. I saw only one other person on the big loop but a ton of people on the smaller loop or in the campsites. I'd go again, next time I'd take my 9 year old since it's a good trail to do with kids.

this is a family favorite, my kids like crossing over the streams in the early portion of the trail. Lots of established camp sites, lately there has been more trash left by other campers. we usually grab a creekside site and the boys cool off in the summer. you will see a few hikers on the trail, some day hikers and some overnighters but everyone seems friendly.

Much more beautiful than expected! I went in the fall and it was great!

great trails. well marked.

Very nice places to camp

Great trail.. went with my wife about 15 years ago, and just hiked it for a second time with my 13 year old daughter. Plenty of primitive camping sites available. Several had stacks of firewood left from previous campers. Trail was well marked.

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Hiked in late, bathrooms at trailhead. Trail crosses the winding creek about 4 times before ascending up a ridge. Plenty of established camp sites along the way. Went early March, only one other couple there camping near the trailhead. Great trail!

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

It's very relaxing

Saturday, November 07, 2015

We hiked the bigger loop, lazily doing two nights out. We got there Friday afternoon, in the early spring, so darkness came quick. Cold night led to warming day. Great spots to camp, beautiful hike. Would be nice to hike again in fall, or maybe summer. As it was, I think we saw only two or three hikers out there. Off-season hikes are nice for solitude.