Wildcat Hollow Trail

Wildcat Hollow Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Malta, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

This trail offers two options; a 15-mile loop of scenic trail along ridge-tops and stream bottoms, and a short five mile loop for day hikes. Both trails will lead through tall pine forests, open meadows, quiet streams, rock outcroppings, and down old roads overlooking miles of beautiful landscape.

Very nice trail with lots of campsites. I use this trail for training for the upcoming season of backpacking. Highly recommend this park.

Z

R

Since my last visit to WH the trail has been extremely well blazed with white diamonds. Super easy to navigate. I did the big loop overnight.
I made a water drop at the 7mile mark which was so helpful since there is no potable water on trail.
My only complaint is that I camped 2/10 of a mile from the road and the locals woke me up at 11:30 pm being very loud on atv’s and yelling for almost an hour. Not ideal. Try to camp away from the road crossings. I heard generators, many dogs barking and a lot of road traffic on a Friday night.
I suggest going on a Friday. Saturday there were a lot of people to pass on the trail. Please pack out all of your garbage and leave no trace.

Great 2 day hike. Campsites in pines were great. Wouldn't recommend after a few days of rain

Backpacked here on a overnighter. Trails were well maintained and pretty easy to follow except a few spots just like others have noted. it rained most of the time I was in the woods, but it was still a great hike. Campsites were nice. Plan to hike this trail again soon.

Did the shorter loop. Fantastic trail. No other hikers in it during our hike in the middle of a week day. Trail does need better markings in some places but we were able to find our way with a map and limited cell service.

Did the long loop trail. About 17 miles total when added to the smaller loop. Felt like the trail was very well marked for the most part - at some of the road crosses it can be difficult to find the trail but manageable. Lots of rain so it was easy to follow the tracks. Only saw a couple of people on the short loop, nobody on the long loop. Very quiet, peaceful and great views. Plenty of campsites to choose from. Cold of water at streams if you have purification available. Enough elevation change to keep the heart rate elevated but not a strenuous trail. Very happy this trail is so maintained and close to home. Great 1st backpacking trip. Long loop offers incredible solitude and an ability to connect with nature. Looking forward to bringing the family out on the short loop. Good gravel parking lot and be trailhead, also had a bathroom.

Easier trail to hike but still had a good time. Even in winter (though 50s out) there was no water from maybe mile 6 to mile 10 so anytime you see water stop and get some. You cross a lot of raods so there's always options of stashing water as well. The campsites are decent but most had trash on them (the one I stopped at had a bit and I ended up carrying it out) and right off the trail, literally right off the trail. I saw only one other person on the big loop but a ton of people on the smaller loop or in the campsites. I'd go again, next time I'd take my 9 year old since it's a good trail to do with kids.

this is a family favorite, my kids like crossing over the streams in the early portion of the trail. Lots of established camp sites, lately there has been more trash left by other campers. we usually grab a creekside site and the boys cool off in the summer. you will see a few hikers on the trail, some day hikers and some overnighters but everyone seems friendly.