Wildcat Hollow Trail

Wildcat Hollow Trail is a 6.1 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Malta, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

This trail offers two options; a 15-mile loop of scenic trail along ridge-tops and stream bottoms, and a short five mile loop for day hikes. Both trails will lead through tall pine forests, open meadows, quiet streams, rock outcroppings, and down old roads overlooking miles of beautiful landscape.

Easier trail to hike but still had a good time. Even in winter (though 50s out) there was no water from maybe mile 6 to mile 10 so anytime you see water stop and get some. You cross a lot of raods so there's always options of stashing water as well. The campsites are decent but most had trash on them (the one I stopped at had a bit and I ended up carrying it out) and right off the trail, literally right off the trail. I saw only one other person on the big loop but a ton of people on the smaller loop or in the campsites. I'd go again, next time I'd take my 9 year old since it's a good trail to do with kids.

this is a family favorite, my kids like crossing over the streams in the early portion of the trail. Lots of established camp sites, lately there has been more trash left by other campers. we usually grab a creekside site and the boys cool off in the summer. you will see a few hikers on the trail, some day hikers and some overnighters but everyone seems friendly.

Much more beautiful than expected! I went in the fall and it was great!

great trails. well marked.

Very nice places to camp

Great trail.. went with my wife about 15 years ago, and just hiked it for a second time with my 13 year old daughter. Plenty of primitive camping sites available. Several had stacks of firewood left from previous campers. Trail was well marked.

Hiked in late, bathrooms at trailhead. Trail crosses the winding creek about 4 times before ascending up a ridge. Plenty of established camp sites along the way. Went early March, only one other couple there camping near the trailhead. Great trail!

It's very relaxing

We hiked the bigger loop, lazily doing two nights out. We got there Friday afternoon, in the early spring, so darkness came quick. Cold night led to warming day. Great spots to camp, beautiful hike. Would be nice to hike again in fall, or maybe summer. As it was, I think we saw only two or three hikers out there. Off-season hikes are nice for solitude.

I haven't walked it in years, frankly because it was poorly maintained and inadequately blazed. However, I remember it as a 9.something lolipop/ loop. Have they changed the route?

Beautiful trail, great for beginners and the glutes. Counter clockwise not marked well at the end, road maps to the head of the trail are iffy. Be prepared for wet feet. Distinguishable campsites are littered throughout. Overall a great first backpacking trip :)