Whipp's Ledges Trail

Whipp's Ledges Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Hinckley, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Visited on a rainy day. Beautiful and so different than most of Ohio parks. More graffiti and trash that I would’ve like to see. Can get tricky as Trail isn’t marked well, but you shouldn’t get too lost. A must see if you haven’t yet.

it used to be very beautiful place for extremely short time of window walk but yet lately there's just too much graffiti on the rock formations and the trees it's a sad sight

Whipps exceeded my expectations. Along the same lines as Nelson Ledges, but a little less strenuous and felt a little shorter. Amazing rock formations and drop offs. My only negative is that there is a little more graffiti than I can handle. Otherwise, get this hike on your credit list!!!

Wonderful trail with fantastic rock formations and ledges. Also provides some vistas for great viewage.

Highly recommend bringing a map and compass or a very good sense of direction. Technical hike. We lost the trail and ended up coming back out the way we came. Certainly an adventurous, but beautiful trail.

Not marked well. In between markers there are many options that look like trails. Lots of broken glass and litter. Still a great hike but really in need of some maintenance.

A lot of fun sort of made our own path. Plenty to explore a lot of rock climbing not your basic paved path

Friday, June 09, 2017

Beautiful scenery. Nice hike.

Monday, January 09, 2017

Trail isn't marked very well.

Monday, October 24, 2016

Was a fun adventurous trail. have to be careful with young children but we we still able to do it. I had my 9 year boy 7 year boy 5 year boy and 2 year old daughter. was slow moving with my daughter but we carefully took our time and handled it.

Wednesday, October 05, 2016

Trail is a very generous term at Whipps Ledges. The path is poorly marked and very rocky. There are many side-paths that make it confusing to tell where the real path goes. This is definitely not a lunchtime walk. There is also a lot of vandalism and graffiti.

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Great trail..you can make the hike as easy or difficult as you would like.

Sunday, September 04, 2016

As others have said this trail is poorly marked. Many side trails that look like they are part of the main trail are not. Glad I had the AllTrails GPS map to get back to the trail when I got off track. Pretty crowded as well.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Great!! Minus the creepy, spider monkey, serial killer guy =) Oh and the little white nerdy, vaping, bad rap music, homeboy wannabes sucked too!

Friday, August 19, 2016

nice place nice views. cool cave

Monday, August 15, 2016

Beautiful area to see. Trail is not well marked at all and there are many secondary trails to choose from. Although area is such that it is best to just head in and wonder around. Take bug spray!

Monday, June 06, 2016

Honestly, I absolutely loved this trail. There were so many different areas to explore and so many different paths to take. The path isn't really labeled at all and you kind of just have to explore to see a lot of it. That just adds to the fun of it though! My biggest complaint is the large amount of trash and graffiti everywhere. It really just takes away from the beauty of the area.

rock climbing
Saturday, June 04, 2016

This place was amazing! So many different things to do. This was my first time and I can't wait to go back and climb more rocks.

Wednesday, April 06, 2016

It was a good trail and I enjoyed it a lot but it wasn't marked very well.

Friday, September 25, 2015

Great trail you really have to watch where you are walking lots of rocks and tree roots. The only reason why I didn't give this 5 stars is because there was a lot of broken glass everywhere as well as trash.

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Neat trail, don't let the .5 mile loop fool you, there's plenty of rocks to climb on and around. You can spend quite a bit of time here. Popular. Kids will love it.

Monday, June 15, 2015

Love this place! There is so much to do from hiking to walking to rock climbing and picnicking! This is my go-to place for some adventure.

Thursday, January 01, 2015

A whole lot of rocks

Friday, October 10, 2014

Love this place

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Nice moderate hiking spot. On a 40 degree Saturday I took my eight year old son which we both enjoined. I plan on going again this summer!

Saturday, December 08, 2012

Visited Whipps Ledges Wednesday December 5th 2012 and had the trail to ourselves. Very nice moderately difficult trail with a lot of carvings to look at while navigating the interesting rock formations.

recorded Whipp's Ledges Trail