Wetmore Bridle Trail

Wetmore Bridle Trail is a 4.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Hidden Lakes, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, birding, and horses and is best used from March until October. Dogs and horses are also able to use this trail.

Just hiked the inner loop today. The extended loop was closed off due to storm damage. There were quite a few trees down in that area and the trail became unrecognizable.

It is definitely muddy and challenging with the elevation changes. Luckily it was still colder today, because when it warms up the mud will be crazy! I’m not a huge fan of bridal trails when the weather is warmer and wetter.

Good trail. Two places where the turns could have been marked better but overall a nice trail and a decent workout.

Just hiked the loop today. One needs to cross creeks/runs about 5 times, which can be a challenge during winter months and wet seasons when the ground is muddy. Portions of the trails are muddy and slippery. The trails have many up/down hills and is a good exercise in that sense. Overall, the trail can be maintained/designed better.

loved this trail

This trail had a lot of hills so it was a great workout. There are multiple areas that crossed creeks which was nice that our dogs could cool off and get a drink.

Not as muddy as I thought it would be. There were a couple areas where it was unclear which path to take — no sign and clearly two path options. We made an educated guess and it seemed to work out. There was a lot of horse manure that we had to keep an eye out for, but it's also a bridle trail so I guess I should have known better. Will definitely do this one again.

Some challenging hills with beautiful scenery. It was muddy in certain areas, but we hiked shortly after a storm. It was a great hike and we will be back again!

nice trail even a day after thunderstorms... easy enough spots to cross the streams... good mix of flats and hills.

Great trail, low traffic too

Love this hike. It's a lot of fun especially after a good storm

Some nice creeks and abandoned sheds along the way to explore. Views are probably better before or after the leaves.

Amazing trail but very very muddy

Saturday, April 22, 2017

A great trail with lots of short inclines, this is perfect for a mid morning hike. Forewarning, it's quite soggy/mud-filled after a good rain.

Friday, February 17, 2017

We looped around with other trails for a total of 10.6 miles but it was very muddy. I would try it again with better conditions.

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Excellent trail with nice terrain. A lil muddy when I did it, but still enjoyable

Sunday, October 02, 2016

It's a fun run! Enjoy this trail counterclockwise for running.

Saturday, August 27, 2016

Had a great time hiking this trail with my wife. A Saturday morning and saw just a few hikers and runners - no horses. It rained 3 days ago, still quite a few muddy places, but they all had easy walk arounds. Good. and hilly but manageable if you've been doing some hiking. Lots of neat looks into the woods. Stream crossings were nice. Never had to get the feet wet. Great off the beaten path trail.

Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Mostly forest, some hills, moderate hike

Saturday, July 30, 2016

More remote than some of the other trails in the CVNP and not as populated. One of my favorite trails for when I need a good workout. Great place to take dogs as well. Just make sure they won't be too frightened if you do come in contact with a horse.

Saturday, July 16, 2016

The 4 mile hike is pretty hard

Tuesday, June 07, 2016

A good challenging hike for a guy who's been used to 2 mile outings. Kudos for everyone on here who tipped me off to the mud. I came prepared and wasn't really bothered by it. Had I worn sneakers I'd probably be a glass cage of emotion. Loved the elevation and windy paths. My only real pet peeve is when a trail runs adjacent to a road and you hear cars passing by. I'm sure this was to make path loop as wide as possible for distance to accommodate horses. No biggie. All in all great hike and I would go again.

Friday, March 18, 2016

Fantastic trail overall, excellent views of valleys and a few views overlooking a small river.

Be warned that after heavy rains some of the river crossings require you to either walk through calf deep water or to balance on fallen tree nearby the path. This would be fine unless you have a dog or toddler along with you, which would normally be no problem on this trail. Two more bridges would solve this problem.

With that said, in dry weather this is an excellent trail. It's a rutted out by what seems like frequent use on horseback, but it's not awful.

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

One of my new favorite trails in the area. I took my dog and strapped on her pack and also took my camelback and we were on our way. The trail is definitely a moderate to difficult level. We went after it had been raining so the mud made it extremely hard especially considering all the elevation changes.

The trail is very steep and narrow at some places for a challenge. Since this is a bridle trail I had some trouble going off to the side when passing by two groups of horseback riders, so be on the lookout to find an area if you hear them coming.

We ended up crossing three creeks/rivers total which was nice to allow my dog to lay down and cool herself off.

Overall I believe this is a great trail that would be amazing for training, wether it be running or backpacking. There are plenty of attachments to lengthen the trail and help increase your stamina. Watch out though for days after it has rained because you will get mud everywhere.

Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Nice trail. It is actually a bridle trail. The biggest issue with this trail is a complete lack of markings. If you were hiking in snow, you would have no idea if you were on the trail or not.

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Not a good idea to try and hike these trails when its snow covered and frozen and raining. only went half way

Monday, August 11, 2014

Great trail with newer Forrest and transitioning farm fields. Lots of ups and downs streams to cross and a healthy dose of horse manure. ( easily avoided). As noted it does connect with Langes trail although it appears Dickerson is closed. There is also a connection to Pine Lane that I would like to try.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Trailhead is on Wetmore road, not Northampton. There are connections to multiple trails and I ended up making it a 7 mile loop by connecting Wetmore and Lange's trails. You'll cross the stream multiple times... it wasn't too deep though. Overall a fun and somewhat challenging hike.

Sunday, September 15, 2013

The trail name is actually "Wetmore Bridle Trail." It is a great (minimum 2 hours) hike any time of year through meadows and dense woods. You can connect to Langes, Dickerson . . . for longer routes. Be prepared for steep slopes and cooler temps in the woods. It is especially beautiful (and sunny) in the winter.

recorded Wetmore Trail