Wet Woods and Marsh Loop Trail

Wet Woods and Marsh Loop Trail is a 2.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near North Ridgeville, Ohio that features a lake. The trail is good for all skill levels and primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running.

Distance: 2.3 miles Elevation Gain: 9 feet Route Type: Loop

Easy and enjoyable hike. Tons of wildlife. Especially love seeing the Trumpeter Swans!

I love walking at Sandy Ridge. The wildlife is spectacular! Nesting Bald Eagles this summer!

Monday, July 30, 2018

Tons of wildlife!

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

Well maintained with plenty of wildlife. Not much of an actual hike, but very stimulating and unique.

Sunday, July 15, 2018

Just Delightful. Trail is well maintained with both dirt and gravel surfaces. Begins with a short half mile trek through woods which provides plenty of canopy from direct sunlight. After a short walk the woods open into a beautiful marsh with a 1.5 mile loop. A variety of wildlife including deer, Blue Herons, Great Egrets, Canadian Geese, and a variety of ducks and other birds are present. The outing was completed with a spectacular view of a Bald Eagle flyover! If you like natural beauty and scenic leisure strolls then this trail is ideal.

Thursday, June 07, 2018

No turtles, but saw plenty of ducks and geese. Also saw about five deer, two swans and an otter

Sunday, June 03, 2018

We love this trail. Every time we go, we see a new animal. Beaver, snapping turtles, different birds, a baby deer, etc.

Tuesday, May 29, 2018

one of my favorites in the area. super easy trail with tons of bird watching.

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

I wanted to go for a short jog on a nice day. I got 3 minutes in and the little worms hanging from the trees were everywhere and there were spider webs galore. I try not to be too squeamish about insects and bugs, but when I looked down they were all over me. I just couldn’t get passed it so I turned around and ran right out.

Friday, November 24, 2017

This is a really easy and completely flat trail that is slightly wooded and then opens up to a large wetlands areas. Lots of wildlife and fairly quiet!

Saturday, June 16, 2018