Western Reserve Greenway Trail

Western Reserve Greenway Trail is a 40.3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Warren, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

dusted off the touring bike and rode 2/3 of the trail from Ashtabula. We turned around south of Orwell due to time constraints. If you are looking for a nice easy ride to just think and clear your head then this is the place to go. scenery is great and the trail traffic is always light. in the summer watch out for mosquitos and bitting flies in the wooded/swampy areas.

well maintained trail, low volume of people....super flat!!! found myself wishing for a hill to coast on down... definitely will go back

We were visiting family for about 2 weeks in Rock Creek, we used the trail for running and biking. Great for the kids, easy and flat. Down side are the horse flies, we haven't figured out how to keep them off of us.

The map doesn't show the trail going south from champion which I go on everyday.

My husband, two daughters & I have walked and biked on this trail. We usually park at the Austinburg entrance, which is nice. The trail is well maintained and the scenery is beautiful.

My husband, two daughters & I have walked & biked on this trail. it is great for bicycling, the best we've ever used! Walking it is nice too! A well maintained trail! We usually enter it at Austinburg. Our only complaint is that there are not enough places you can park to enter the trail.

Monday, July 24, 2017

Started at the very beginning in Ashtabula. Looks like they are working on the trail-head. Not a lot of parking there yet. I would have went to 55th and park at the first station if I did it again. Only had time for 4 miles... not quite to I90 overpass. Next time!

Beautiful path... easy as pie! Lots of bikes, and once you leave the "city" area gets better and better.

Great job to those who keep this trail beautiful!!!

Friday, July 21, 2017

Went 20 miles in from the northernmost trailhead. This trail offers some easy riding with pretty views. My only issue is that there isn't a well-maintained parking area at the northern trailhead. We parked at the only parking area that seemed available at that spot but it seemed like it might be private property. It was overrun by hillbilly stoners when we returned. If you decide to take this trail, park at the second or third trailhead.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

I loved this trail when I lived in Ohio, recommended to everyone I knew.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

This is a beautiful trail for bike riding. We passed a couple hikers but it is really too long for walking.

Saturday, October 08, 2016

Beautiful ride in nice October weather. The obsevation deck was awsome.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Several years ago a friend and I decided we were going to walk this entire trail in one day. We set out early and covered the first 25 miles in 9 hours before we became too sore to continue on. Three years later, unsatisfied that we never finished the trail, we set out on bike from the same point we stopped and rode the last 18 miles. We had to ride back of course because that's where the truck was parked, but all in all it was a gorgeous trail from start to finish. We made both trips in October so it was even more beautiful with all the Autumn colors.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

This trail is awesome it's so flat and very nice for a beginner rider

Saturday, April 27, 2013

One of my favorite rides. It is about 50 miles from the Champion, Ohio trailhead to Lake Erie in Ashtabula, Ohio on this paved rails to trails trek. Plan your trip wisely and you can stop at a winery in Ashtabula!

Monday, September 03, 2012

One of the nicest trails in N.E. Ohio. Great for any skill level with a smooth paved surface. The Trumbull county section is mostly shaded and passes through the Mosquito Creek nature preserve with an observation deck over a beautiful wetland area. Traffic is low compared to the Tow Path in CVNP, it's well worth the drive!

Monday, July 17, 2017