Western Reserve Greenway Trail

Western Reserve Greenway Trail is a 40.3 mile moderately trafficked point-to-point trail located near Warren, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

Started at the very beginning in Ashtabula. Looks like they are working on the trail-head. Not a lot of parking there yet. I would have went to 55th and park at the first station if I did it again. Only had time for 4 miles... not quite to I90 overpass. Next time!

Beautiful path... easy as pie! Lots of bikes, and once you leave the "city" area gets better and better.

Great job to those who keep this trail beautiful!!!

Went 20 miles in from the northernmost trailhead. This trail offers some easy riding with pretty views. My only issue is that there isn't a well-maintained parking area at the northern trailhead. We parked at the only parking area that seemed available at that spot but it seemed like it might be private property. It was overrun by hillbilly stoners when we returned. If you decide to take this trail, park at the second or third trailhead.

geocaching

I loved this trail when I lived in Ohio, recommended to everyone I knew.

This is a beautiful trail for bike riding. We passed a couple hikers but it is really too long for walking.

Beautiful ride in nice October weather. The obsevation deck was awsome.

Sunday, August 23, 2015

Several years ago a friend and I decided we were going to walk this entire trail in one day. We set out early and covered the first 25 miles in 9 hours before we became too sore to continue on. Three years later, unsatisfied that we never finished the trail, we set out on bike from the same point we stopped and rode the last 18 miles. We had to ride back of course because that's where the truck was parked, but all in all it was a gorgeous trail from start to finish. We made both trips in October so it was even more beautiful with all the Autumn colors.

Saturday, September 27, 2014

Sunday, July 21, 2013

This trail is awesome it's so flat and very nice for a beginner rider

Saturday, April 27, 2013

One of my favorite rides. It is about 50 miles from the Champion, Ohio trailhead to Lake Erie in Ashtabula, Ohio on this paved rails to trails trek. Plan your trip wisely and you can stop at a winery in Ashtabula!

Monday, September 03, 2012

One of the nicest trails in N.E. Ohio. Great for any skill level with a smooth paved surface. The Trumbull county section is mostly shaded and passes through the Mosquito Creek nature preserve with an observation deck over a beautiful wetland area. Traffic is low compared to the Tow Path in CVNP, it's well worth the drive!