Twin Sister Falls Trail

Twin Sister Falls Trail is a 1.4 mile lightly trafficked out and back trail located near Brecksville, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round.

old growth

1 hour ago

little confusing to find where to start. pretty simple though. I'll try to help.

leave the parking lot, cross the iron bridge, walk towards and under the 82 bridge, come to the mudcatcher on your right. cross the river go up that valley... walk the river, the hillside, what ever, till you get there.

I did it in the snow with no visible trail. but very worthwhile.

Difficult hike during 10 degree weather. Amazing and beautiful sight. Make sure you have good boots!

So cool we did it twice in 3 weeks

Easy to get to when the canal is low just cross at the mud at her and to the left slightly,then follow the river bank and it will dead end into the falls. Beautiful find ! With or without water flowing.

No water was flowing which made the hike easier, but it would have been nice to see the sisters

Fun trail! Thank you to those that posted a review, not sure I would've found it without you! Trail is a riverbed with lots of fallen trees and logs, but keep following it and you will see the falls!

Really fun hike. Don't make our mistakes though! Walk on the paved path for a little ways (you'll go under the bridge) and look for a sign on the right side of the path that says "Mudcatcher." That's where you cut in and find the small trailhead.

The trail itself was a lot of fun, but very slippery. At the end we found two very weak waterfalls as the Twin Sisters but I'm sure that if we had come when it had rained more recently they'd have been pumpin!

Still a great hike and really not that difficult.

cool trail. the trail is all a river trail. half way through the trail, is blocked by some big logs. But you can climb over it. No problem.
the path is blocked a

An adventure not clearly marked but once you find it it's worth it. Bring water shoes or flip flops your feet will get wet. Used this link for navigation https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/akron/comments/2uvqb8/can_someone_tell_me_how_to_get_to_twin_sister/#ampshare=https://www.reddit.com/r/akron/comments/2uvqb8/can_someone_tell_me_how_to_get_to_twin_sister/

Definitely an adventure! Beautiful and scenic terrain. My small dog had some trouble navigating certain parts but she was easy to carry.

Isnt clearly marked but you can tell it's a trail. Shoes will get wet. Awesome and not crowded.

This is a fun hike, but wear shoes that can get wet, because you will get wet. We did this after a night a rain so the falls was pretty cool. We ended up just hiking through the water, which was fun. Make sure you keep on going till you get there. At the end we climbed up the huge hill to get to the top of the falls, but BEWARE YOU WILL GET DIRTY, that was the fun part. Short hike, rated as hard because of all the obstacles you have to hike around, not a clear path.

A little hard to get to as it is unmarked but other than that it wasn't too difficult. Prepare to walk through water. If you want to get to the top of the falls it is very steep slope.

I would never do this remote trail alone! Getting there was kind of treacherous. You have to balance along the side of a hill that has eroded somewhat due to the recent onslaught of rain. Despite waterproof boots, we ended up with soaked feet thanks to part of the creek being deeper than our boots were high. I took one tumble and soaked myself - the slate is very slippery! On the way back we were able to cross the canal at a lower point. Of course, by this point our feet were already sloshing around in our boots. It is a beautiful, but, short hike.

Really fun trail love that it's off the usual path

I have been on this Trail many times before in the past can't wait to go again for me the trailer is easy to moderate I don't understand why they say it's hard

Favorite hike in CVNP! Once you get to the mud catching sign, cross the stream, and there will be a faint path to the left of the mud catching waterfall. The trail leads to the stream bed which you follow all the way back to the falls.

Relatively easy even for a beginner once I was able to locate it. Most challenging part is getting in and out of the unmarked trailhead. Prepare to get wet!

trail was difficult at times. Crossing over the stream many times was awesome. The falls were absolutely beautiful!! could stand right underneath them.