Twin Creek Metropark Loop Trail

Twin Creek Metropark Loop Trail is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Franklin, Ohio that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

historic site

Another great trail from the Dayton/Five Rivers MetroParks system. This is a nice hike with creek side views, a forested ridgeline, and many rugged ravines. The Orange trail is the outer loop at Twin Creek MetroPark. The eastern half of the loop follows Twin Creek along the valley floor and the western half follows the ridgeline above the creek. Three 100 foot climbs as the western half of the trail follows the ridge and ravines along the western edge of the Twin Creek valley add some challenge to this hike. The creek bottom half of the trail can be quite muddy after a big rain, though the trail is well maintained, like all the MetroPark system trails.

Nice hike with access to water. Dog loved it. Met very few people (3) during the hike.

really pretty trail. lots of different terrain keeps it interesting

I really enjoy this lightly trafficked trail. Sometimes I cut the trail in half by starting at Dogfish pond and loop around either north or south. Some challenging hills with rewarding views of the ravines. Often muddy in spots so I usually wear rubber boots. Highly recommend.

I start at the southern end off Chamberlain Rd. and hike counterclockwise. This puts the river views first, lunch at the northern most end, and the old growth last.
It gets pretty tough the last 2 miles or so, enabling a really nice appreciation for the old growth woods.

I would love a companion hiker here...

Great trail. Mostly in shade, with some pretty meadows. Lots of mud today, after a week of storms. I enjoyed the ravines. Very nice.

I trail run so this review is from a runners point of view. I have run the orange trail 3 times and really enjoy the varying terrain. The yellow trail has just enough hills to make it a bit challenging. I would rate it as moderate for trail running. Can be quite muddy if you run within 24 hours of rain. Be sure to go left when you hit the pond on the way back. It's easy to miss.

Wife and I did the Orange Trail today. We were kind of expecting the bottoms to be a swamp from the recent rain but it was just moderately muddy in places. We started at the southern trailhead on Chamberlain Rd and hiked counter clockwise putting us alongside the river for the first half of the hike. The Earthworks were very interesting to see, as were the many deep revines. The river views were nice and I found a few places that I want to hike back to with a backpacking rod-n-reel to do a little fishing during the summer. We stopped at the north end of the trail at the High View Trailhead for a little break and a snack. Our snacks today were cheddar cheese block, canned herring in olive oil and a couple boiled eggs. Our little lunch break was a short 15 minutes and including the break, we finished the 6.2 miles in 3 hours and 14 minutes. We were not in a hurry but rather were taking our time and taking in the scenery and photo's. I would recommend this hike as it offered great scenery and was moderately challenging. I'd say the last 2 miles were the most challenging with the deep ravines.