Twin Creek Metropark Loop Trail

Twin Creek Metropark Loop Trail is a 6.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Franklin, Ohio that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

canoeing

historic site

Another great trail from the Dayton/Five Rivers MetroParks system. This is a nice hike with creek side views, a forested ridgeline, and many rugged ravines. The Orange trail is the outer loop at Twin Creek MetroPark. The eastern half of the loop follows Twin Creek along the valley floor and the western half follows the ridgeline above the creek. Three 100 foot climbs as the western half of the trail follows the ridge and ravines along the western edge of the Twin Creek valley add some challenge to this hike. The creek bottom half of the trail can be quite muddy after a big rain, though the trail is well maintained, like all the MetroPark system trails.

BEWARE! My car was broken into as my son and I were hiking here. I had nothing in sight sitting my my car and they busted out my widow and went through everything. According the the police officer, it happens frequently here. I was also advised by a fellow hiker there was a child missing in the woods while we were there. Didn't give us good vibes.
The trail I will say wasn't bad. We did the Yellow loop but I wouldn't chance going here ever again!

Nice hike with access to water. Dog loved it. Met very few people (3) during the hike.

really pretty trail. lots of different terrain keeps it interesting

I really enjoy this lightly trafficked trail. Sometimes I cut the trail in half by starting at Dogfish pond and loop around either north or south. Some challenging hills with rewarding views of the ravines. Often muddy in spots so I usually wear rubber boots. Highly recommend.

I start at the southern end off Chamberlain Rd. and hike counterclockwise. This puts the river views first, lunch at the northern most end, and the old growth last.
It gets pretty tough the last 2 miles or so, enabling a really nice appreciation for the old growth woods.

I would love a companion hiker here...

Great trail. Mostly in shade, with some pretty meadows. Lots of mud today, after a week of storms. I enjoyed the ravines. Very nice.