Towner's Woods Trail

moderateYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(194)
Kent, Ohio

Towner's Woods Trail is a 3.2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Kent, Ohio that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.2 miles Elevation Gain: 180 feet Route Type: Loop

We were pleasantly surprised by this park. We came in the morning and saw lots of water fowl, a beaver and several small snakes. The trail was in surprisingly good condition given recent heavy rains. We did the full outside loop and it clocked in just over 4 miles. We only passed a few other hikers on a Saturday morning. Only down side is all the signage and graffiti around the lake. We will be back in the fall.

At least an hours walk in the rain. Yahoo!

Every time I come out it seems like the ski trail is marked differently. I’ll be out a third time to see if I can find the actual trail head.

Great trail- people around but yet very peaceful for my dogs and I. Super happy I went and will be back!

Poorly marked backpacking trail.

Too 5 trail in Ohio. Very well maintained. Lots of benches to enjoy view of the lake or wildlife. There trails of all difficulties. Bring you family for picnic in little houses with tables.

This is a nice park; come early and enjoy the woods in peace. Lots of trails to explore, and trail marking much improved! Can get a little muddy, but nothing terrible. Adjacent to the hike and bike trail, so you can ride out to hike if you’d like. Dog friendly, but some of the trails are a bit tight to pass. Definitely a local favorite!

One of the best hikes in the area. Quiet, hardly anyone on the trail on a weekday morning. No traffic sounds. Variety of sights: water, woods, grassy fields, etc. Clearly marked and well maintained trails. Some are wider than others. Good place to easily get anywhere from 1-8 miles in.

I live in Kent and this is my home park. I was surprised at how dry the trails were. No mud anywhere. I’ve been going to the national park a lot lately and there’s still a lot of sections there with a lot of mud. If you’re looking to keep your boots dry this is a good want to do right now.

Pretty walk! Grandma could’ve done it, but there were a few tough hills.

Go

trails are well kept but marked poorly

Great trail. Nice views of the reservoir and plenty of places to rest. Trails marked well. There were no trail maps so I took a photo of the trail map from the board. That helped tremendously for knowing what trail we were in and what the trail symbols stood for.

icy

A beautiful snowy hike! My husband had never been here so I brought him to hike with me. It was nice to hear kids sleigh riding while we finished up our hike. I feel the trails will marked well which I always appreciate.

I saw 1 person on my 3 mile hike. Heaven.

Beautiful winter hike through the snow around the park. Not busy on weekdays.

icy

Today was my first trip to Towner‘s Woods, and it was awesome! Though the trails are pretty icy right now, the hillsides and lakes with the snow on them are absolutely beautiful. I can’t wait to explore this place more once the weather warms up a little bit.

Saw a beautiful white tailed buck!

Lately during the summer this trail is littered with Mosquitos. during the fall and winter its perfect!

Great scenic hike! Lots to do and see

nice peaceful hike with my pup

Beautiful trail. Very peaceful. Mix and match trails to adjust distance to your liking.

I love this place! Watch out for the tics though my pup had a few on her from our hike.

I’m recovering from an injury to my foot. This was a nice hike with pretty scenery. I would rather have been out running long distance, but until I can, this will be my go to place!