Timberlakes Trail

Timberlakes Trail is a 1.3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Harrison, Ohio that features a lake and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Surprisingly quiet on a beautiful day. A few wildlife sightings - a red crested woodpecker, a dark gray squirrel, and random birds. A nice crispy November day.

I've hiked this easy trail a few times. The trail cuts along a duckweed pond and through the forest.

The lakes are gorgeous. They were full of beaver, but they had to relocate them a few years back due to the damage they were doing to the park. Even without the beaver, well worth it. I've been hiking this trail since I was 4. Love it!

Tuesday, November 08, 2016

Lots of cute little pups on this trail. When we started we saw a Jack Russell with a little winter sweater on. He looked his name was Charles. Or Walter. The Timberlake trail backs up against a horse trail that goes on for a few miles. On the horse trail we saw a couple Golden Retrievers and Huskies. Oh oh, and we also saw a pretty brown lab on the way out of the trail. I've been to other trails where I've seen more dogs, but we went to a pretty remote location of the park, so that's to be expected. Overall - 7/10 pupperonis. Would Eat Again.

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Well maintained wooded trail with a lake overview. One of three hiking trails at Miami Whitewater that share a common parking lot. Hiking all three trails is about 4 miles total. Multiple hill climbs but generally easy.