The West Woods

The West Woods is a 4.6 mile loop trail located near Newbury, Ohio and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful area, the hike to Ansel cave was a good distance. Got to feed the chickadees out by the sunset scenic lookout

The cave area of the hike was definitely worth the trip, the rest of the hike was unremarkable. It was a good family hike though and I'll definitely bring more people on this hike in the future. Moderate traffic on a Sunday afternoon, plenty of people out with their dogs.

Beautiful park and the trails are well maintained!

Cinder and gravel make this a good trail when others are wet. Hike through the woods with several creeks and rock formations.

Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Great park with great scenery. I hiked Half of pioneer bridge, all of discovery trail, and the falls trail. This park would be more stimulating I imagine if it had rained recently as there are gorges, creeks, and falls that were mostly dry during my visit. The Sunset Overlook is scenic, but does not have a feasible view to watch the sunset as there's no visible horizon. Pioneer bridge is not marked very well which led me to take a connector trail instead. I blame myself for that, but I noticed lack of markings as well. DO NOT USE THE DIRECTIONS IN APPLE MAPS GIVEN BY ALL TRAILS. Look the name of the park up separately, it took me to a random culdesac and told me to walk, I then searched it on my phone and drove an additional 2.5 miles. Overall I recommended this park!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Perfect!

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Thursday, July 17, 2014

A great (and frequent) stop for hiking, trail running, and dog walking. Bridle trail loop is about 2.75 miles with lots of variety and a great stream crossing and some fairly serious hill work.