The West Woods

The West Woods is a 4.6 mile loop trail located near Newbury, Ohio and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and trail running and is accessible year-round.

The cave area of the hike was definitely worth the trip, the rest of the hike was unremarkable. It was a good family hike though and I'll definitely bring more people on this hike in the future. Moderate traffic on a Sunday afternoon, plenty of people out with their dogs.

Beautiful park and the trails are well maintained!

Cinder and gravel make this a good trail when others are wet. Hike through the woods with several creeks and rock formations.

Great park with great scenery. I hiked Half of pioneer bridge, all of discovery trail, and the falls trail. This park would be more stimulating I imagine if it had rained recently as there are gorges, creeks, and falls that were mostly dry during my visit. The Sunset Overlook is scenic, but does not have a feasible view to watch the sunset as there's no visible horizon. Pioneer bridge is not marked very well which led me to take a connector trail instead. I blame myself for that, but I noticed lack of markings as well. DO NOT USE THE DIRECTIONS IN APPLE MAPS GIVEN BY ALL TRAILS. Look the name of the park up separately, it took me to a random culdesac and told me to walk, I then searched it on my phone and drove an additional 2.5 miles. Overall I recommended this park!

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Perfect!

Sunday, August 02, 2015

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Thursday, July 17, 2014

A great (and frequent) stop for hiking, trail running, and dog walking. Bridle trail loop is about 2.75 miles with lots of variety and a great stream crossing and some fairly serious hill work.

Wednesday, October 02, 2013

I like how kept away it is from the high way and how deep the trails go. Driving through Amish country to get there was kind of fun too. lol I ran the Cave trail, which was a quick 2 mile. The catch is you have to jump over and around a lot of tree roots just to cover a few feet of trail. You could be a running back for the Browns after dodging the roots for at least a mile. Very earthy, pretty, challenging, and fun bridges and uphill/downhill. I tried Pioneer Bridle, but it isn't very well marked and is more suitable for advanced runners.