Sugarcreek Green Outer Loop Trail

Sugarcreek Green Outer Loop Trail is a 3.3 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Bellbrook, Ohio that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is best used from July until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A nice family-friendly hike through the tall grass prairie of Sugarcreek Metropark. The trail is almost entirely grass covered and is perfect for all ages, as it is mostly flat. The trail is well marked with trail markers.

We love this trail with or without kids! The long trail is filled with ups and down that are sure to burn around 500 calories! Highly recommended!

I go on the horse trail because the regular trails are too easy in my opinion. Great place for beginner hikers or those just interested in exploring the nature of southwest Ohio.

very nice, well maintained.

Well marked dirt track trail that was heavily used by walkers and runners on a Saturday morning. Dispersed amongst the beautiful forest is a few challenging hills but nothing too difficult. 90% of the course is shaded so several degrees cooler than in the sun. Great trail!

Beautiful trail, well marked & maintained.

The trails are very well marked and easy to navigate but they are maintained more like a little used township road rather than a trail. Very heavy traffic on the trails close to the parking area. Good amenities for the hikers and their dogs. Just wish the trails were maintained differently. But definitely worth a visit.

Despite all the great reviews, this trail was a disaster. It resembled running up a rocky muddy creek more than a wide trail. Im surprised others enjoy this. Well marked tho.

Saturday, April 15, 2017

A well maintained trail with some elevation. This trail is great for kids and adults. I love how many cool little spots you can safely explore off the trail. There are a couple streams to easily cross and some climbs you can enjoy along the way! There are bathrooms and a water fountain at the beginning that has a spout for dogs:). It continues to be a favorite of mine to walk and run for the scenery, terrain and kind people you'll see along the way! This is one for all the family to enjoy! Happy Exploring

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Wide trails with a few good climbs.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Crowded but worth the time. Scenic with trees, creek and other nature stops.

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Great paths. A lot people walk, hike, run here so expect some congestion. Nice with creek, lots of tree cover, some scenic stuff to see.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

A little crowded for me and an easy trail to walk. It is a well manicured trail with little elevation changes. We had a great walk but we were looking for something a bit more strenuous.

Monday, July 11, 2016

Nice trail

Monday, June 13, 2016

Well marked trails with nice scenery. Trails almost too wide and too nice of condition - not many roots, rocks or uneven steps to contend with.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

First time visiting on my OH Flip-flop trail running quest. Nicely groomed hiking trails...I managed a 4.5 Mile single loop with a number of spur-trails off main loop. It was not too difficult (I ran in flops) and was VERY well marked with posted maps at most major trail intersections. Nice rolling terrain/hills that follow back and forth along the creek...pretty area and worth the visit.

Monday, May 16, 2016

Great trail, beautiful views, very peaceful and well kept

Friday, May 13, 2016

Great trail!

Saturday, March 19, 2016

Great trail. Just went for the first time Saturday. Wide trails that made it easy for us to talk side by side and plenty room for the dogs. The rocks across the creek were fun going across. Nice inclines.

Monday, February 22, 2016

Went on probably the first nicest day in 2016 so far, the park was packed and the ground was thawing so it made for an interesting soupy mess. This was my first time at Sugarcreek Metropark, I really liked the park. My dog and I did about half of the park. I like the elevation changes. We will be back later this year to check it out with leaves on the trees.

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Nice trail, a little too close to traffic sounds but very well maintained and marked.

Sunday, August 16, 2015

Great trail.

Saturday, July 11, 2015

Sugar Creek Metro Park is a great, relaxing and not too difficult trail system about 20 minutes from downtown Dayton. You can run the perimeter for a good 5K trail run, or add in the other groomed trails within the park to increase the distance. I ran the bridle path last week after a rain storm...it was a soupy, goopy, horse-poopy mess...but great training for longer trail runs that take you through rivers, swamps, etc. The park is beautiful, with older growth trees, open spaces, creeks and enough hills to make it fun. Definitely worth a visit.

Monday, June 22, 2015

Great relaxing trail

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

I absolutely love this trail. I was visiting from out of town, and Sugarcreek sparked my interest. The trails were earthen after a very short paved route from the trailhead. I did not pack my trail shoes on this trip but I did not have any trouble navigating the terrain on my 6.3 mile run. Most of the paths are wide and very well maintained. It has well-marked waypoints marked by number. Finally, the creek crossings, Osage Orange Tunnel, and Three Sisters (550 year old oak tree) was very mentally and visually stimulating.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

A very nice trail that is well marked. It was a little muddy when we did the trail on 12/11/14. My sister and I hike a lot and this trail is on our list of trails.

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Sugarcreek MetroPark is just one of several great parks in the Dayton/Montgomery County Five Rivers MetroPark system. It is locataed very close to Dayton, Ohio and not too far from Cincinnati. Due to its location, the park can get pretty crowded on nice spring and fall days so I recommend getting there early to avoid the crowds.

This is a pretty easy hike with very wide trails and not too many hills. We have hiked this trail in the spring, summer, and fall (still want to get there in the winter). There are many wildflowers that bloom here in the spring and the fall colors are spectacular (see my fall color photos) due to the wide variety of hardwoods in the park.

Even though the Green trail is only 3 miles, there are other trails that interconnect if you would like to get more distance or spend more time in this great park. The Orange trail and the Three Sisters (300 year old oaks, but only two are still standing as one was struck by lightning and fell several years ago) come to mind, and are particularly beautiful in the fall.

Sunday, June 23, 2013

I like this trail and this park as a whole, and it is great for a nice quiet hike. For the serious backpacker, though, it's not really suitable.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

The trails were great, wide enough that we took a jogging stroller which required us to carrier it across the creek and up a steep hill. It was still great to be able to enjoy this 4 mile hike with are two year old! The only complaint is you can't really enjoy nature their is constantly people running by or walking by you. Its still beautiful, and a wonderful hike that we will take again soon.

Friday, October 26, 2012

I hike and run this trail all the time. It is nice, a few small hills, and a good challenge for running a great 5K loop. I hiked it this morning with a friend and her dog, and it was awesome - beautiful day, trail in good shape, and we had a great time. If you are looking for a nice quiet getaway, not far from the highway, this is the place. I am fortunate to live within 10 mins, so I make it there quite a bit.

Saturday, October 13, 2012

One of my favorite trail but wish it was longer. It is also very popular so there's less solitude but people around if you're concerned about walking or running by yourself