Squaw Rock Loop Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Chagrin Falls, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Beautiful hike to explore. Great to hike in the fall! Watch your footing though lots of roots.

Nice day hike with views

Not difficult, and the river is easy to cross if you're okay with getting a little wet. By the falls, the river is deep e ought to swim!

I basically live here tbh.

I was looking to get down to the waterfall and made it there safely, but I’m an experienced hiker and had difficulty in certain areas near the river. If you’re going, either stick to the path or wear good shoes and make sure you’re ready for the challenge!

This trail is very simple. You walk in thinking you’re on a bike path and then it lets you into an oasis. The chagrin river is beautiful and peaceful and the rock ledges you can sit on and marvel from are incredible. It gives nice opportunity to go off course and breathe too.

The first portion of this trail is beautiful and totally worth it. The second portion of this trail is just a walk in the woods. It is pretty but stick to the first loop.

One of our favorite hikes in all of NE Ohio. SO BEAUTIFUL!

Not for the novice hiker. Great challange! Go w/someone who has hiked this trail before. I thank God for All Trails and a good network because we would have still been trying to find our way. The trails are not marked & if you're not paying attention (or know where you're going) it's really easy to lose your trail. But that was the fun of it. I loved the challenge, it kept us on our toes the whole time! Really muddy so bring a change of shoes.

I love this trail and it is basically easy unless it has rained and then some of the stones or the mud can be very slippery, if you continue along the loop staying near the river you will come across a brick structure that I was told is an old pumping station. Also make sure to go to the front ( you may have to get your feet wet) of Squaw Rock, you will find an etching of the first capital building in Washington DC, as well as the name of at least one civil war infantryman named G.H.Plowman, I was trying to get more pictures but the dog was bored and wanted to get going. I uploaded the picture of the capital building and G.H.Plowmans name, google him, in the picture though I accidentally cut off he G

Great hike with our 6 year olds. Good variety of trail surfaces. But what are those brick structures in the second loop? Trying to find the answer online.

Nice to take advantage of the decent weather. Pretty muddy track but still fun.

Love this trail! Dramatic views of Chagrin River and small waterfall and the rock carvings any time of the year. Definitely a workout. Lots of steps/incline. Wooded sections of the trail not clearly marked. Popular trail, year round. FYI- Squaw Rock renamed Henry Church Rock and all the signage has been updated.

Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Yayee!

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Trails are not clearly marked.

Saturday, July 29, 2017

Beautiful scenery! Trail winds along the river and continues through wooded pine forests. Trail is somewhat rocky so take caution with pets and young children! We loved it!

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Our favorite set of waterfalls. So beautiful. Easy parking. Steep rock steps but manageable. Definitely will go back.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Squaw rock carvings are beautiful. Great short hike for folks who are looking for something quick or are short on time. A couple of small waterfalls along the way. May encounter wildlife (deer).

Tuesday, July 04, 2017

Hiking trail portion was somewhat challenging and afforded us nice views. I would do again in different season.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Beautiful trail...almost reminded me of the Pacific Northwest at times with all of the pines, ferns, and mushrooms. Saw a couple very pretty waterfalls and the rock ledges were interesting. Well worth the visit.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Love it, great system, can't wait to go again

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Beautiful streams.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

I love this place and would recommend for anyone.There is a lot of traffic on the trails but very beautiful.Lot of rocks you can climb on and trails that just go everywhere.Nice park to spend a day at.Plus there were people swimming.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

South Chagrin Reservation was a great place to hike. There were multiple, small trails to increase the distance and many picnic areas to stop to snack or grill out.

It was fairly easy to follow. I also printed out the trail map from the website and it actually coincided with AllTrails this time. It got a little confusing close to Sulphur Springs picnic area because there are a few secondary trails and the bridal trail breaks off...but we were able to figure it out.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Great trails and views

Sunday, April 17, 2016

beautiful!

Thursday, March 10, 2016

The trail was pretty muddy today, but it was still safe and easy to follow. The views are gorgeous! We took our three kids and everyone loved it!

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Great trail with many sidetracks to take. You can make it a short loop or a 5 mile adventure.

Monday, October 19, 2015

Very short and the path is very uneven and narrow. Wouldn't suggest bringing your dogs along, we brought our 2 dogs and it was difficult to pass by other groups coming the opposite way. Beautiful views.

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Great views and scenery, nice trail, with a few tricky areas. Will go again!