Squaw Rock Loop Trail

Squaw Rock Loop Trail is a 2.5 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Chagrin Falls, Ohio that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, trail running, and fishing and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Trails are not clearly marked.

Beautiful scenery! Trail winds along the river and continues through wooded pine forests. Trail is somewhat rocky so take caution with pets and young children! We loved it!

Our favorite set of waterfalls. So beautiful. Easy parking. Steep rock steps but manageable. Definitely will go back.

Squaw rock carvings are beautiful. Great short hike for folks who are looking for something quick or are short on time. A couple of small waterfalls along the way. May encounter wildlife (deer).

Hiking trail portion was somewhat challenging and afforded us nice views. I would do again in different season.

Thursday, October 13, 2016

Beautiful trail...almost reminded me of the Pacific Northwest at times with all of the pines, ferns, and mushrooms. Saw a couple very pretty waterfalls and the rock ledges were interesting. Well worth the visit.

Monday, September 05, 2016

Love it, great system, can't wait to go again

Sunday, September 04, 2016

Beautiful streams.

Sunday, July 24, 2016

I love this place and would recommend for anyone.There is a lot of traffic on the trails but very beautiful.Lot of rocks you can climb on and trails that just go everywhere.Nice park to spend a day at.Plus there were people swimming.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

South Chagrin Reservation was a great place to hike. There were multiple, small trails to increase the distance and many picnic areas to stop to snack or grill out.

It was fairly easy to follow. I also printed out the trail map from the website and it actually coincided with AllTrails this time. It got a little confusing close to Sulphur Springs picnic area because there are a few secondary trails and the bridal trail breaks off...but we were able to figure it out.

Friday, May 13, 2016

Great trails and views

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Thursday, March 10, 2016

The trail was pretty muddy today, but it was still safe and easy to follow. The views are gorgeous! We took our three kids and everyone loved it!

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Great trail with many sidetracks to take. You can make it a short loop or a 5 mile adventure.

Monday, October 19, 2015

Very short and the path is very uneven and narrow. Wouldn't suggest bringing your dogs along, we brought our 2 dogs and it was difficult to pass by other groups coming the opposite way. Beautiful views.

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Great views and scenery, nice trail, with a few tricky areas. Will go again!

Sunday, August 09, 2015

Smaller trail but squaw rock is beautiful. Good to take kids to.

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Fantastic place! I'd been to South Chagrin before and never knew about this part! Right on the river the squal is a carved rock, but the scenery along the river is worth the trip. Great to walk, hike, or just grab a chair and hang out ( bring your own chair)

Saturday, July 18, 2015

Short trail, very popular. The upper portion is paved and has a boardwalk, lower part is more narrow and basically carved into the rock. Not dangerous or anything though. Nice trail, the rock is something cool to see. One of my 9 year old's favorite hikes.

Sunday, August 03, 2014

This is one of my favorite places to hike.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

gorgeous in winter too

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Nice winter walk. decent amount of effort used in the snow but moderate to easy at best. Nice scenery! Populated.

Sunday, November 10, 2013

This was a trail that was not difficult to walk, but it did have many places that the path was very narrow. I took a 3 and 4 year old and I needed to hold their hand on many occasions because it was a straight drop down. I really enjoyed this trail and would do it again. The stone steps, waterfalls and the outcroppings were some of the best in northeast Ohio. Short trail nice walk and great scenery make this a must hike trail.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Trail was pretty good, I really enjoyed stopping and hanging out in the falls.

Monday, May 28, 2012

Great place. The trail itself could be better marked, there were many off shoots and no trail specific markers.

Friday, March 23, 2012

Hiked this trail many times, nice walk and interesting stories about the rock carving.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

ah...here's the one I most like;-)

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Love the trail and the indents during the sunset. Great place to being the one you love to walk through the woods.