Sharon Woods Shared-Use Trail

easyYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarYellow StarGray StarGray Star(155)
Sharon Woods Park

Sharon Woods Shared-Use Trail is a 4.3 kilometer heavily trafficked loop trail located near Cincinnati, Ohio that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 4.3 km Elevation Gain: 35 m Route Type: Loop

wheelchair friendly

stroller friendly

paved

Not really a hike but a nice walk around a lake. It smelled pretty gross and the lake looked nasty. I don’t know if it’s always like that though.

nice paved trail.you can hear the traffic the whole way and it was heavily trafficked but still nice. the lake water was dirty and saw many dead fish floating so I couldn't let my dog in the lake but about half way through there was a little creek he got to go in.

2.6 mi paved trail around lake. Mostly shaded. I ran 2 laps for a good 5.2 mi run. Trail has a few up and down hills which is great for training. Depending on time of day, trail can get congested with other people in certain areas.

Great walk on an incredibly warm and unseasonal Christmas Day. The path is paved the whole way around the lake. It has some ups and downs, but we saw someone pushing a wheelchair, so it isn’t that bad. Definitely a pleasant way to spend a little time on a beautiful afternoon.

Easy paved trail that’s cool to walk. The Sharon woods area is very nice

Not a great trail for bikes.

Simple loop, lots of trees and pretty river views. Saw lots of turtles on our walk.

have to pay to get in. all I wanted was to walk my dogs. I'm from out of state. I'm not paying to walk my dogs, how silly. will definitely not recommend or ever come back.

Mon Mar 25 2019

Easy little paved loop around the lake. Nice, leisurely little walk in a super nice little park.

Fri Nov 09 2018

A nice easy paved trail, but it can be very heavily trafficked at times with lots of people to avoid if you’re running. It’s open to bikes as well, though I rarely see them.

Sat Sep 22 2018

Paved route, nice view of the lake pretty much all the way around. I used to walk this route with my mom when I was a kid. Still a nice place to bring kids and can rent paddle boats if you feel like getting in the water.

Fri Sep 14 2018

This is my go to trail as it is 200 yards from my home. Great colors in fall and well maintained for leaves on the asphalt path.

Wed Aug 22 2018

paved road, mostly shaded around the lake. easy.

Sat Jul 21 2018

Great paved trail, a bit too choppy for rollerblading, etc. and it can be crowded during Weekend afternoons. My only complaint is that it’s too narrow in places for bikes, which are allowed on the trail. Caution: there are two narrow tunnels, that require single file travel.

Sun May 13 2018

Paved trail around the lake is nice, but there are places where the asphalt is cracked and some repaving is needed. They also need to repaint the yellow line on the center of the trail that the bicyclists need to keep to the right when passing people coming the other way. It is a nice walk around the lake, especially in the morning!

Thu Jan 25 2018

decent mostly flat no real challenges but nice scenery and environment. nice free walk after park membership quite cheap to maintain the parks definitely worth it.

Sun Jan 21 2018

Beautiful scenes, birds galore. Too bad it’s so close to the highway and city noise.

Tue Sep 05 2017

This is walking trail. Too bad its asphalt. I wore a hole in my vibram soles. Weekend mornings are crowded with packs of runners. And unfortunately, bikes are allowed which make it hazardous for everyone. Combined with the Gorge trail I get about 3.5 miles. I come here a lot because it's the longest trail closest to my home.

Sun Aug 06 2017

great hard surface trail for the novice hiker. my five year old nephew did the entire 2.6 mile and loved going on an adventure.

Sun Jul 02 2017

My family loves this trail. Easy to get to, well maintained, and it is beautiful all year round.

Sun Jun 25 2017

All you could really want from an easy walk through the woods of moderate length. Great views of the lake, a creek, waterfalls and most of the walk is in the forest. Depending of whether you include the gorge path, the loop varies from about 3 to 4 miles all on a paved walking/biking path. 3 stars because even though it's a very nice walk it's no hike through the mountains.

Fri May 26 2017

Mon Apr 17 2017

Pretty. Good distance options. Close to home

Mon Mar 27 2017

ok, for stroll

Sun Feb 19 2017

Beautiful waterfalls. Lake is pretty too

Sun Jan 22 2017

very fun

Wed Oct 12 2016

I hiked the Gorge Trail today. Fall is upon us and it was a nice hike. Here is a short video I made: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCok3OVzbOdJ9tsL4FpicpPQ I have been to Sharon Woods numerous times and hiked all of the trails multiple times. This is my favorite park in the Great Parks of Hamilton County.

Mon Sep 05 2016

More asphalt then trails but very well maintained. Lots of areas that are shaded. There is a shirt trail that passes the falls and follows the creek. Very peaceful. I don't quite agree with the distance they post - it's approx 6 miles on the actual trails. The other 2.2 is really the golf cart paths on the golf course.

Tue Jul 12 2016

good view and easy walking around lake for 3 miles

Thu May 26 2016

great addition to the Sharon loop.