Salt Run Trail

Salt Run Trail is a 4.2 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Peninsula, Ohio that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and nature trips and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Cuyahoga Valley National Park 15610 Vaughn Road , Brecksville, OH, 44141-3018 Phone: 216-524-1497 Fax: 440-546-5905 cuva_info@nps.gov

Varied terrain, many hills with built-in stairs.

Great running spot, varied terrain, nice hills!

great hike for the old guy

good workout. hardly any people.

One of my favorite local trail runs. Challenging (for NE Ohio).

So many options here. Did the salt run section and the connecting lake trail. Will certainly make this a frequent stop.

hiked today along with pine grove trail. a good workout for the old guy

We combined the Salt Run and Cross Country trails and it was a great moderate hike (6.5 miles). I loved the meadows and wildflowers, and my husband loved the streams and ravines. We hiked this in spring and it was quiet muddy, but in July it was dry.

Great trail, but having never been before, had some difficulty finding the trailhead. If you park at Kendall Lake, take the Lake trail toward the dam and this trail runs off from there. Some good ups and downs, light traffic even for a weekend.

great hike. Good elevation changes along the way. Some road noise but very private.

This trail goes through some nice woods. You can get to it from Kendall Lake or from Pine Hollow parking lot on Quick Road. If the trail has a shortcoming, it's that it's always near a road (as you can see on the map). These aren't very busy roads but you will be able to hear traffic noise.

Like all the CVNP trails, it will be muddy in the spring.

Very beautiful and peaceful. I went in the spring time and the forest was very green and lush.

My dogs came home covered in ticks... Ok trail...

Great trail. Will definitely feel the burn as it has many ups and downs.

really pleasant day hike with the perfect amount of ups and downs

Beautiful, saw very few people

Sunday, October 09, 2016

I liked the trail itself. I will most likely not do this one again. To close to roads for me. I like it when I feel like I am in the middle of nowhere more.

Friday, October 07, 2016

Ran this last week. Great trail and easy to follow, but be ready for the hills!

Saturday, September 10, 2016

I ran this trail for the first time this morning. I will definitely be going back.