Sagamore Creek Loop

Sagamore Creek Loop is a 3.6 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Valley View, Ohio that features a waterfall. The trail is rated as moderate and primarily used for hiking, walking, and birding. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Sagamore Creek Trail offers two distances on its course. The shorter one is about 3.0 miles. This doubles as a bridle trail and is rated moderate. GREAT views...really impressive terrain, rock formations, little water fall, etc. Challenging in an ascent, a bit unclear at the end (got stuck in briar bushes and had to take the road for 100 yds at the end). It's a single person width for most of it, likely needs to be bushwhacked to see the trail better. Looks like it tagged on with the Buckeye Trail, saw the light blue hashes for about half of the hike.

It was a nice trail. Slightly hard to follow toward the end. But overall - worth doing.

Waterfall is beautiful frozen, favorite part of the trail!

The scenery is beautiful. Some areas were a little steep and along with the leaves it was a little slippery. There was one section that was full of thorn bushes and our coats and clothes snagged the whole way. Muddy as all hell but overall a great hike.

quiet trail that's a bit overgrown. The trail is not marked in some areas which can lead to confusion.

Thursday, August 03, 2017

Beautiful trail. Enjoyed it very much. I would do this trail again in the future for-sure.

Sunday, July 16, 2017

Sunday, April 09, 2017

Got lost on this poorly marked trail after the trail followed the road for way too long.
If you wanna walk along a road or through the mud the entire time, you've found the trail for you!

Monday, February 13, 2017

First time I've done this trail. Really enjoyed it even though it was a bit muddy. Look forward to hiking it when the weather is a little warmer and not as soupy.

Sunday, December 04, 2016

Great trail if you like to find your own way periodically. Used the map app occasionally and had no problems. Great elevation changes and just the right distance.

Saturday, October 22, 2016

I like the variety of the scenery and the terrain.

Friday, July 08, 2016

I went in April. I got confused in a few parts about which way the trail went--it isn't well marked. At one point I made a wrong turn that took me too perilously close to a huge drop off --this side trail looked clearer than the actual trail until I walked into briar bushes and had to backtrack. I didn't finish. The trail is also really overgrown and single track much of the way (wear pants! I left with a tick). I plan to head back when I'm a bit more prepared for some of the challenges of this spot as it was very beautiful with varying terrain.

Update: I went back and finished today!
I started at Alexander Road and took the bridle trail section first to Frazee house then came back on the buckeye trail section. The trail is pretty clear although mostly unmarked to Frazee House, with 2 or 3 stream crossings, but from there you have to walk up canal road and then onto sagamore road until the trail goes back into the woods to the left. There are blue blazes on some trees along the road but it was still a bit confusing, as it looks like this may have been a recent change (there is an unmarked, flooded trail that I assume the road section replaced).
The trail is scenic, but the overgrown vegetation on the bridle trail is an annoyance. The trail is often only a foot wide, and the vegetation was often above the knee, and sometimes taller than me. The buckeye trail section is clearer but has a few parts like that as well. It has been dry so there wasn't much mud. Linda Falls was also dry, as expected. Overall a nice hike, though, with some good challenges.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

It was a beautiful morning, completed the loop with my daughters and my boy king!

Sunday, August 23, 2015

good trail. muddy at times even though wasnt much rain lately. the trail is seriously overgrown you should wear pants. we lost the trail about a mile to mile and a half in. there was one marker after creek cruising and the trails fades away about a quarter of a mile after that. but it was fun. disappointed too overgrown for a loop.

Friday, August 01, 2014

It's the most fun I've had in a while. really muddy after some rain we had kind of made it even more fun (the boy in me thought so). GREAT views...really impressive terrain, rock formations, little water fall, etc. Challenging in an ascent, a bit unclear at the end (got stuck in briar bushes and had to take the road for 100 yds at the end). It's a single person width for most of it, likely needs to be bushwhacked to see the trail better. Looks like it tagged on with the Buckeye Trail, saw the light blue hashes for about half of the hike, maybe. I want to do it again!

recorded Sagamore Creek Loop