Rowe Woods Trails

Rowe Woods Trails is a 1.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Milford, Ohio that offers the chance to see wildlife and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, trail running, and birding and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

wheelchair friendly

Several parking areas, $9/daily or $35/annual (rotating 12 month) pass for park use.

The Cincinnati Nature Center is one of my favorite places on earth. My Mom felt the same way, which is why the first bench on the lake boardwalk is dedicated to her...Ellen Kobman. She volunteered there for years and instilled in me and my twin sister her love for its beauty, serenity, awe-inspiring scenery, and abundance of wildlife. On a sunny day, you'll see more turtles and frogs in their many ponds than you'll seen anywhere else in the Tri-state area. Don't be surprised if you also see raccoons, fox, deer....more critters and variety of birds than you can count. I see something different every time I go, and I never leave without a smile on my face, a filled soul, and a happy heart. Go....you won't be disappointed. My Mom will make sure if that. :)

Completed the perimeter hike, minus the Lookout Trail loop. The trip is upload and little over 7.5 miles. The full loop would be 8.8 mils. With exception of couple of portions, this trail is more easy than moderate. Well marked and great trail system so close to the city. Many different ways to vary mileage and difficulty. As noted in other reviews, $9 admission per person, $2 per dog.

I believe that this is the same as the Cincinnati Nature Center. It costs $9 per person to enter. There is also an option to purchase a membership. For those who live in the area, this may prove to be worthwhile. Although, I wasn't expecting the entrance fee, the system of trails did not disappoint. I spent a few hours there, trail map in hand. It seems to be a popular area to hike. The outer loops, which were more difficult, had fewer people, especially in the early afternoon. There is a trail for all skill levels, and the trails make up a continuous network, which allow for a very long trek. The scenery is beautiful, the trails pretty well marked, and the employees and fellow hikers were friendly. Most enjoyable for me was the creek, with stepping stones placed strategically for easy crossing. I don't think I could ever get tired of this place!

Many trails to choose from within the nature preserve, out trails will be less crowded. The park can sometimes be very crowded. Great place for families. Keep in mind there is a fee for use.

This was one of our favorite trails, however the $9.00 per person to enter the center did put a damper on our faimily's finanical officer spirit since 3 of us participated (I personally thought it was worth it though) There are many more trails to hike than what we found from online research. Take an updated trail map at the entrance gate, or at the main trail head sign. It was confusing for me in finding the correct trailhead for the actual trail I wanted to start on, but I lucked out and we took one that was a little longer (which is what I wanted). A few of the trails are behind the Education center hidden from the parking lot. The trail makers are the best I have ever seen and you can't get lost. Every intersection had one. I like the fact that each marker has a "P" and an arrow showing the fastest route back to the parking lot. The trail itself is about 4 feet wide with gravel throughout most of it. Some of typical trail areas that puddle and turn to soup after a good rain had some rock balast seen on railroads added to them which was a nice touch. Some areas had the gravel washed away showing some underlayment / barrier for erosion and weed control. That was a first for me. It was an extremely nice path. We took the "wood pecker trail" and a few shorter ones to get there. There was some benches along the way to allow us to take some selfies and catch our breath. The wooden bridges are super slick when wet. Be careful. I totally recommend this if $$$ is not an issue.
$40 for annual membership, $75 for family membership, $9 for adult daily.

I love this place. It has lots of great trails. They have trails that are leisurely and trails that will give you a work out. The trails are very pretty and well maintained.

I think this place is great for hiking! It offers many trails and if you are looking for a good workout and scenic experience, then take the outer loop of all the trails and you will get a good 8.8 miles of hiking! There is good elevation change and it is heavily forested, with some prairie areas. Among the long loop trail are about 10 different trails of different difficulties and lengths to offer a range of choices. There are many places to take breaks, like benches and overviews to enjoy nature along the way.