REI River Trail is a 2 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Grove City, Ohio that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and bird watching and is best used from May until September.

Distance: 2.0 miles Elevation Gain: 49 feet Route Type: Loop

partially paved

This was a pretty easy walk/hike. I loved that the trail winds around the water for most of the hike. Land was mostly flat, we just had to watch for tree roots. Otherwise it was quite lovely. My 4 year old had a great hike!

Kinda unexciting for a river trail but a nice jog.

The REI River trail runs through a mature forest blanketed with ground cover & wildflowers. It is right along the Scioto River & there is a really neat bridge and stepping stones that cross the creek (Grant Run). The trail by the river was tacky so expect to get a little muddy. It connects with a trail along the “bluff” that offers many views from overlooks. That portion of the trail is not muddy. It does go by a few ponds that had some ducks, turtles & bullfrogs in them. We also saw deer, birds & lots of wildflowers.

Very nice trail with lots of different scenery. My daughter and I took our dog and had a great time. There's a nice lil beach area. fallen trees, swamp like areas, tree canopy with gravel, dirt, grass, sand walkways. It wasn't too muddy. it could use some better marking.

Wonderful park and trail close to Columbus. We’ve had so much rain this week so the trail is very muddy!

This is a very simple, kid-friendly trail. I’ve come here several times just to relax and read, since it’s very low traffic. I almost never see other hikers here. Also, If you enjoy bird watching, check it out.

Mon Mar 04 2019

Trail is great and easy, dog friendly. Often too muddy to hike.

recorded Recording - May 10, 4:36 PM