Red MTB and Sugar Bush Loop

Red MTB and Sugar Bush Loop is a 3 mile lightly trafficked loop trail located near Strongsville, Ohio that features beautiful wild flowers and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, and trail running and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

bridge out

This rolling trail winds through forest with a variety of trees from pines to oak, along with a few forest openings.

As a few others have said, it is a nice set of trails but somewhat confusing. We ended up on a few different trails. We brought our dogs (both over 80lbs) and there were lots of tree hurdles they loved jumping over! Was a little more challenging with dogs, otherwise we would have gone further. Great hike though! Not heavily traveled which was nice. Will do again!

A little confusing when it hits the yellow trail so we just turned left on yellow and went yellow back. 4 miles exactly. Nice trail.

This was a lovely hike that was nice and quiet and pretty. I did find the trail a bit confusing though. At the trail head it says the trail is something like 1.18miles, but I think that is just one way. When you get to the old sugar shack (a stone footprint of a building and chimney) you have reached (I think) the farthest point, so if you walk towards and over the mountain biking board walk that will get you to the rest of the hike loop to go back to the trail head. Or if you came from that way, go over the board walk and look for the foot path across from the sugar shack. It's not as easy to spot as the mountain bike trail.

Not too easy, not too hard. I also thought the trail was a little confusing - ended up doing half yellow MTB trail and half red/sugarbush trail for about 3.5 miles. I liked that the terrain was slightly more primitive and the mature trees kept the trails well-shaded.

Nice hike. We walk to where the bike trail intersects and turn back. Not a lot of people on this path. Trails do ride a little close to the edge of a steep hill so be safe with little ones.

Good hike, especially if you want to move fast. Trails are well maintained. Be alert of mountain bikers though when sharing the trail, so refrain from using headphones as a courtesy to them.

I found this trail to be slightly confusing. I will preface by saying this could totally be my fault and not the fault of the trail. Using AllTrails in conjunction with Apple Maps, I'm assuming my entry point was accurate, but maybe it wasn't. It looks like there are three trails here. I set out to do Sugar Bush Trail and apparently ended up doing part Sugar Bush, part Royalview, and part of the Red MTB Trail for a total of 7.6 miles hiked. That said, a word of caution because it can be easy to get off track and on another trail. Regardless, I still found this to be a great trail. Although I got lost, it was still a pleasant hike with some beautiful scenery. The trail was muddy in some spots but overall pretty dry. I would recommend this trail and plan on heading back.

great!

Monday, February 13, 2017

I have hiked this trail and the others at Royalview. Easy little hike, some cool spots for pictures.

Friday, September 09, 2016

this is a system of trails, one of my favorite local spots! come here a lot!

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

the trail was a little confusing, but solid. Beautiful scenery with slow elevation changes.

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

On top of there being barely any traffic, it's not too easy, not too hard, but just right, and the perfect distance for a short work out. With thinner trails, and thicker forest, it feels more primitive than some of the trails from summit metro parks in Akron.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Single file trail thru the woods along creak beds and hills sides , Mature trees all around. share main trail hikers and mountain bikes . Great trail beautiful constantly changing altitude. Trails are marked well but if you dont pay attention to trail map at beginning it can be confusing on what trails to take to make it a loop. Walk yellow turn on orange to make loop or walk yellow until it ends follow red to right then pick up orange. Great walk only reason I'm not rating it a 5 , missing that wow feature like a waterfall, cavern wall, type of view.

Saturday, June 11, 2016

Very well marked. My 4 year old hiked it with ease

Thursday, May 26, 2016

If you hike the yellow be prepared to zig zag as it's ideal for mountain biking. I combined that with the sugar bush hiking trail and it was a nice loop.

Monday, May 23, 2016

It's good

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Nice trail. Will be back.

Saturday, September 05, 2015

Great trail running! Well maintained, easy to follow trails. I'll be back for sure

Saturday, August 22, 2015

I thoroughly enjoyed my walk through the shady woods at Mill Stream Run Reservation. The very scenic view of the woods and the elevation changes provided a diverse environment. The trail is well shaded and there are only a few spots where sun filters through the tops of the trees. There are quite a few bikers on the trail so you are well advised to not have your ears filled with earphones or you might not hear them behind you. This is a great trail for the recreational hiker/walker. I'll be heading back soon!

Saturday, January 03, 2015

This area is one of my favorite places to Hike and MTB.

Sunday, October 06, 2013

Nice walk in the woods. Nice hiking/biking trail. #Fundate #activedate @spouse_dates www.spousedates.com