Red Bird Hollow Trail is a 3 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Cincinnati, Ohio that features a river and is good for all skill levels. The trail is primarily used for hiking, running, and nature trips and is best used from April until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Distance: 3.0 miles Elevation Gain: 209 feet Route Type: Out & Back

NOTE: As of January 2020, hikers report trail is closed.

Trail says it’s closed. That stopped no one. Make sure that you are able to carry your child because there’s some gnarly wash outs. We went down by the creek for lunch. It was beautiful, peaceful, and private. We will definitely be back!

Nice creek to play in! Pretty! Nice running trail too.

Start of trail is muddy, but only for .25 miles. Lots of people on trail even though its closed. A nice trail in Cincinnati.

Easy out and back trail. The path is washed out where it has eroded in to the creek, but we were able to stay safe. There is a creek crossing at the beginning so look for the big stones to step on. We took our dog and encountered lots of other hikers with dogs. If you have kids look for the fairy gardens along the path.

If you are on the east side of Cincinnati and need a little break, this is a nice easy trail. It seems to be a part of the Village of Indian Hill horse trail system. There is a sign indicating the trail is closed, but it did not stop any humans with their dogs. My guess is the trail is closed to horses due to the major areas of erosion need the creek banks.

Muddy

path is currently closed unfortunately they only have a sign half way up from milford

Very pretty, easy gravel trail. Lots of erosion where the trail was falling into the creek. It was very busy on an October Sunday morning, with a TON of dogs off leash.

Nice place for a quiet peaceful walk.

The trail is nice and wide - except for several eroded places that narrowed the trail to about 12 inches wide. (That was probably the most exciting aspect of this trail.)

Nice trail. Only parking is on the Given Road end, but that's where you'll want to start anyway. More dogs off leash than on. The trail is mostly gravel and easy to traverse. There are some spots where the trail is very narrow due to collapse of the trail into the creek. Great for sunny days as the trail is 90% in the shade.

Nice trail, but very slippery from all the mud! Not recommended for beginner hikers, which I am. Doesn’t wind back to beginning and the climbs, though they look small are a bear to someone not used to this kind of activity. I’ll be trying easier trails. I did meet a few people and puppers along the way and the scenery is nice, but the water is contaminated and my poor Harry was itching to get in the water and play!

Really great trail! There were muddy patches and some small downed trees that made fun obstacles for my run. The scenery was very lush with all the spring/summer growth and the river was really nice. The only reason why I give four, and not five, stars is because the distance from parking to where the trail ended (a recreational area with a jungle gym, baseball fields, and public restrooms) totaled two miles- definitely not three! I used Fitbit and Strava to monitor my run, and both came back with exactly two miles.

Sun Nov 04 2018

We checked out this trail today! It was ok! Not much to see unless you go down to the water which we did!! Parking is terrible!!!!

Sun Nov 04 2018

Fun trail. Beautiful foliage. Busy but friendly trail walkers, lots of families with curious kid explorers.

Fri Sep 28 2018

Nice trail. Only passed one person while out there. Tiny waterfalls. Gravel on the path the whole way. About half the trail is along a creek. Feels very private. Didn’t see any dog poop on the trail or off. At the parking lot is a trash can and poop bags for the dogs.

Tue May 29 2018

wonderful easy hike. lovely surroundings and quiet. you'd hardly know you were near a city. lots of unleashed dogs (which I don't really mind).

Tue May 22 2018

Great walking trail, well maintained. Not a big fan of the dogs off their leashes though.

Thu Apr 19 2018

This is a nice, easy going trail. I hike here almost every weekday afternoon when I leave work. As a previous commenter stated, if you don’t care for dogs jumping, sniffing, and pooping this is not your trail. It is also heavily trafficked. Today I walked from the Indian Hill Church to the end and back and I passed several people and at least 15 dogs (all off leash). Nice little trail for my daily walk but if you are looking for a trail that’s not travelled as frequently and a little more of a challenge I would look elsewhere.

Tue Mar 13 2018

Very nice trail as it’s mostly shaded (nice in summer!) and runs along a stream. I’d recommend parking/starting at Given on this out-and-back trail so you’re walking UP hill on the first leg, then hiking downhill on the return. Most people have dogs (which only have to be on leash for 1/3 of the trail) so if you’re annoyed/uncomfortable with sniffing/jumping/obnoxious/pooping dogs this may not be the trail for you. I disagree with other reviewers who indicated that it’s “low traffic.” That’s a relative term, but I hike here every weekend and unless it’s pouring down rain or below 20 degrees, I always pass 10 parties or so on this hour and 10 minute hike.

Sun Feb 18 2018

Nice wide trail, trees not too dense, key feature is the stream/river.

Sun Feb 04 2018

Great path. This is easily one of the better maintained trails in the area and is never crowded.

Sun Dec 03 2017

Nice gravel paved trail for easy walk Good for someone new to hiking I would rank it an easy trail

Tue Nov 21 2017

Beautiful trail, just wish it was longer and with a loop.

Thu Nov 16 2017

I’d give it 5 stars if I didn’t have to look down constantly to avoid all the dog do piles. Last weekend an entire family walked right past their dog without saying a word to it as it was taking a dump on the trail. Very inconsiderate!! Maybe a trash can along the trail would make dog walkers more inclined to use the pooper scooper bags that are at the trail head.

Tue Nov 07 2017

2 miles one way, 4 miles roundtrip. Easy hike, great for running

Sat Nov 04 2017

Not sure why this is rated as moderate as it's a very very easy hike. Wide gravel paved trail and well maintained. Fantastic trail for what it is just know going in that it's by no means difficult. I do recommend taking the L18 bypass loop which is about 2/3 into the "out" portion of the hike. Dips you down by the creek and off the main route. Eventually reconnects but adds a scenic route, if you will.

Sat Oct 07 2017

Great trail! Easy to navigate, and met some nice fellow trail-blazers! :)