Raven Rock

Raven Rock is a 2.6 mile moderately trafficked out and back trail located near Alexandria, Ohio that features a river and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking, walking, nature trips, and birding and is accessible year-round.

One of my favorite trails. The ecosystem along the trail is beautiful, but the top of the rock is a breathtaking view. Honestly one of the best I've ever seen. You must get a permit from the Shawnee State Park ranger system to hike and I would suggest getting a ride as parking is very limited (2 or 3 cars).

Absolutely amazing! Beautiful view! Highly recommend!

The climb was rough, and had to stop multiple times on the ascent (because I really don’t hike often); but we made it! Be sure to take a walking stick, as it really helps. Also, I recommend wearing boots or old shoes, due to many mud patches.

The parking area is only enough space for 2, maybe 3, vehicles.

I drove over 50 miles one way to get here and didn't even get to go hiking because the pull off where you park was full.

Really enjoyed this hike. Took our 3 kids (14, 13, and 9) and they all enjoyed it. Great views from the top.

I would not rate the updated trail route as difficult, I think this comes from the old route which is now closed, so don't let the rating scare you. This is a great hike, totalling about 2.5 miles for the out and back which includes a long, moderate, uphill, and a long, moderate, downhill. The views are some of the best around of the Ohio River Valley. You can get your free permit easily, by email, by following the instructions on the Ohio Nature Preserves website.

Great views. Couldn't figure out how to get below the arch. Also it appeared the other half of the trail was blocked by downed trees. We turned back the way we came. That was a little disappointing since we didn't get to experience the whole loop.

Wednesday, August 09, 2017

Nice view of Ohio River Valley.

Friday, April 21, 2017

Great view of the Ohio river

Friday, March 17, 2017

Nice workout! There are switchbacks to the top. You can only bring your dog if he/she is a service animal. Great view of Ohio river from the top.

recorded Recording - Feb 25, 01:50 PM