Perkins Trail and Riding Run Loop is a 4.8 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Boston, Ohio that features a great forest setting and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Good trail but muddy and a bit hard to follow. I’d say it’s more moderate than easy due to inclines and declines.

I would not call this trail easy by any stretch of the imagination! We hike often and this trail kicked our butt! There are frequent elevation changes, and with spring and mud upon us, making your way up and down the hills can me treacherous.

I enjoyed this trail and there were quite a few technical challenges, such as downed trees and streams to cross. Just please be careful with the muddy terrain. This trail will be easier in dry season, but still challenging.

Lovely. Muddy today but we only saw one person in five miles. Perfect for the dogs. Several stream crossings. Some good hills. Not for when the knees hurt.

Sunday, November 12, 2017

I wouldn't call it easy! Definitely has some good hills!

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Perkins is hardly an easy trail. The first hill is killer and there are some really good ones after that. If you are doing both trails, it's more than 4.1 miles. If you do both, it's nearly 7 miles! I've done both several times.

Thursday, November 09, 2017