Orange Trail

Orange Trail is a 6.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Germantown, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

old growth

hiked the first 5 miles and hammock camped at Oak Ridge. the trail is very well marked and kept up. it's pretty challenging, especially for a 50 year old with 25 lbs of gear on my back. the next day was 3 miles back to the car. the trail between the dam and nature center has some very steep inclines. maybe the only thing making this not a 5 star hike is that the trail doesn't go near the rock formations, and rarely has a view of the river.

For being a Metropark this is a nice trail it's marked very well, there was a lot of muddy areas but we have had a lot of rain in the last week. There are some decent hills to climb but nothing to bad at all. The only thing that was a negative was the road noise, it never really seemed like I was deep in the woods. MapMyHike logged me at 8.4 miles on the orange trail

If you're looking for a day hike, then this is the one!! This trail has camping sites, but the downfall here is that it is stove cooking only and no open fires.

Great trial! Nice views and beautiful forrest sections. I would echo the other comments about the mud, the lower section is extremely muddy and I would probably take the detour next time I go. While out I saw wild turkeys, chipmunks, and plenty of deer.

7.73 mile loop according to my GPS watch.
Saw a huge black snake in a tree along the path.
Overall great pretty easy hike.

A great trail if you're just getting into hiking. I would rate it easy to moderate. The trail is well marked and well kept.

From a trail running/hiking perspective, it's a nice trail with a mix of steep climbs and flats. There is plenty to see and little unmarked trails to explore while in the woods portion. Mud doesn't bother me; however, if it bothers you and it's rained recently it will be extremely muddy in spots. I ran it on Monday, April 10th and it has some fairly muddy spots from the rain last week. Outside of that, the grass portions aren't great but the woods portion is excellent and has some really cool views along the way! I would highly recommend this trail but if it's your first time running/hiking, I would recommend building up to this one but it's worth it when you do! Lastly, wear a hat, especially since you'll be in the woods, under trees, etc! Happy Exploring!