Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath

Ohio and Erie Canal Towpath is a 62.1 mile lightly trafficked point-to-point trail located near Independence, Ohio that features a lake and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Point to Point

rails trails

Nice hike.

Unless you're on a bike I wouldn't suggest taking this trail. I hiked it and dealt with bikes almost nonstop from both directions.

It was too early for all that but it was a nice ride. The history of these towpaths is fasinating.

A wonderful early morning ride. I love the bridges, train depot and other man made atractions mixed in with nature and history.

I agree with Mairah that the traffic noise takes away from the experience. Other than the traffic noise it was a beautiful ride.

It was a nice bike ride. I only gave it a 3 because of the traffic nearby.

I do enjoy this trail but some parts u hear lots of noisy traffic that's not so relaxing . Awesome trail for biking in the fall it's so beautiful I love to take my daughter on my bike

Great! Such a beautiful and fresh area:)

Friday, May 13, 2016

Monday, May 09, 2016

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Thursday, October 01, 2015

Thursday, May 21, 2015

Very flat walk along the Towpath throughout but some nice scenery along the way. I tend to frequent the trails around the towpath more often as the path itself is usually very congested with bike traffic.