North Chagrin Reservation Loop

North Chagrin Reservation Loop is a 7.7 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Mayfield, Ohio that features a waterfall and is rated as moderate. The trail is primarily used for hiking and horses and is best used from July until December. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

Came out to North Chagrin Reserve to train for a backpacking trip in Maine. The nature center was a great starting point for me. There were a lot of educational resources available for all and the trails were easy to follow. The most enjoyable portion for me was coming across Squire's Castle and learning about the history behind it. I sat here to enjoy a lunch that I packed. Towards the end of my hike I was lucky enough to see a medium sized fox lounging in the sun heading south on the Hemlock Trail.

Great workout

An easy path with a variety of trails. Great views along the way. ;)

I enjoy this trail quite frequently. I also add a few other side trails to have a total of 10.5 miles. I highly recommend!

Good distance. Nice change in elevation. Trails a bit muddy after recent rains. Our loop was 8.5 total miles.

My go-to park!

This park is beautiful with well maintained trails. There are numerous trail combos available so you can make your own way. I hiked around 7.5 miles total, starting and ending at the Strawberry picnic area. The best part by far was the Hemlock trail, very beautiful and peaceful hike along a ravine. Fall colors were great too!

wonderful hike and a beautiful place to get lost...

Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Endless variations are possible. Few other hikers

Monday, January 30, 2017

Excellent hike. Did the loop during a wintry day and all had a great time. Pretty challenging to do the whole thing.

Sunday, August 06, 2017