Nelson's Ledges Trail

Nelson's Ledges Trail is a 1.8 mile moderately trafficked loop trail located near Garrettsville, Ohio that features a waterfall and is good for all skill levels. The trail offers a number of activity options and is best used from August until October. Dogs are also able to use this trail.

cave

Love it! So much fun!

so many places to explore and climb! Will be coming back again soon =)

Fun beautiful hiking trail.

love the ledges!

Enjoyed hiking and scrambling through all of the rock and cave formations. Unfortunately, this State Park is easily accessible, and as a result, we found significant amounts of litter (some of which we were able to pick up) and defacement of trees/rocks. Definitely worth a look, but be aware the trail markers are a bit confusing, and please leave no trace during your visit!

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Awesome park. lots of high cliffs, water fall ,and narrow paths through the rocks. I highly recommend a visit.

Saturday, November 12, 2016

Nice easy short trail. A quick trip from NLQP, if you're camping there.

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Great I loved it. You can do easy or climb rocks which is harder.

Friday, June 24, 2016

The trail was too boring to follow so my friends and I just found some deer paths to follow it was awesome but dangerous.

Thursday, May 12, 2016

I love this place, I see it more as an adult playground than an actually hiking trail. You can climb on things and explore dark watery caves. The trail isn't marked very well, but it doesn't really matter, it's not a huge place. It's not a place to bring small children, people have died here. Instead, bring waterproof boots, some good pants and maybe a flashlight. It's really a beautiful place to see during mid October.

Sunday, October 11, 2015

Wonderful trail; no lengthy preamble from the parking lot to the trailhead—the action starts right away. Lots of fun scrambling over, under, and between rocks. On the red (difficult) trail, some crevices are too narrow to pass through with a backpack (or child) on your back. Oh, and the red-trail markers just disappeared at (what I assumed is) the end.

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Nice little area to explore. My husband and I joked that someone painted the trail markers while drunk - some don't make sense at all! The loop isn't 2 miles, you need to do basically every tiny offset of the trails to make it a full 2 miles.

Wednesday, July 02, 2014

I came here to hike with my 1 year old, my friend and her 2 young children. It was a little scary for young ones as they wanted to run ahead, and being on top of a cliff, that wasn't a good idea. It was very beautiful though, and just enough of a challenge to make it fun with my son on my back. This is close to my home, I would definitely go again. We camped at the quarry park, I would want to bring a raft or kayak next time to take it out on the water as well.

Sunday, September 09, 2012

Beautiful trails & rock formations! Love the devil's ice box in the summer.

Sunday, September 02, 2012

It was rather difficult to find the trails at first. Start at the steps. The yellow trail is to your right. Blue is immediately to your left. White and red are to your left too, but up a bit. If there is two of the same marker, it means the trail is turning. I ended up getting lost, walking down the road and trying again. Beautiful area, glad I gave it a second chance.

Thursday, May 24, 2012

It is a nice park but, as a hiking venue, it leaves a great deal to be desired. In addition to being poorly marked, the trail system more closely resembles a maze. It seemed like a good place if you want to explore, but a poor park for hiking.

Saturday, April 07, 2012

I love it there so many things to do especially when they have concert weekends!!!

Monday, March 19, 2012

There is this park to hike and explore. Up the street there is the Nelson Ledges Quarry Park which has a spring fed quarry, hiking/biking/walking trails in the woods. It's probably the most scenic, beautiful place around. They allow dogs/pets, It's a music festival venue, and wonderful camping all year round. Check out the NLQP over the state park any day. Super kind and friendly people too.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

I think I've been here....

Saturday, August 20, 2011

Caesar (the dog) and I really enjoyed exploring this park. When going off trail we often had to back track to continue moving but that's half the adventure. Pretty crowded but it was a sunny Saturday afternoon.