Mohican Trail 6 Mile Loop

Mohican Trail 6 Mile Loop is a 6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Loudonville, Ohio that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A few options on the mountain biking - 6 mile and 24+ mile trail loops. Moderate difficulty with a few good climbs. Great trail and well placed climbs and descents on the full distance. If you only want to do the 6 mile - the turnoff is sharp and easy to miss so keep your eyes open.

53 minutes ago

The trail gave us a the distance and a little of the incline we were looking for. Some spots were not well marked and a long trek runs close to a highly traveled road so we heard the rush of traffic when we wanted to hear the calm of nature. We added a section of trail along a creek and got our nature fill and 8 miles in. It is a good trail and a good workout. We'll go back.

This was a beautiful hike! I do wish this park had some longer trails (my group wasn't ready to be done at the end of this one, so we did the gorge trail as well). The trails are very well-maintained and we all really enjoyed it.

Beautiful trail. It's not really a loop and I did 10.6 miles on it today starting at the campground checkin, to the Lyons Falls and then back. The maps along the trail are really helpful. You have to walk through the campground to get to the remainder of this route but it's definitely hilly, along the water, well marked. Great trip!

This hike relies on about 4 miles of Mountain biking trail to make an actual loop. More moderate than hard, though there is Decent elevation.

The scenic out and back down the river (Hemlock Gorge) will still clock your 6 miles and offer much more to see.

For a true moderately difficult trail with plenty of elevation and scenic views, check out Hog Hollow and Lyons Falls trails!

Really nice!!

Hiked Pine Run trail and camped along the way. Great out of the way area and not far from cbus

Went up the Mtn bike trail today - great view!

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Walked the MTB 24 mile loop yesterday. Was gorgeous scenery and fairly quiet, with some road noise in the background for a couple of miles. Primarily had the trail to myself hiking. Saw three MTBers, and one trail runner.

It's a good challenging hike for the full 24. I started out around 10:30, made it to the covered bridge by 1:30 and stopped for lunch, then continued on the trail which follows the road then goes back into the woods on the right.

Like others have said, the last couple miles kick your butt. It was also a bit wetter there, with a ton of rocks and roots at the end.

Overall fantastic hike. Thinking about doing the loop again in the future, but would love to stop and see some of the other smaller trails that come off the MTB loop.

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Great trail though used for mountain biking but plenty of room for hikers. Only did the short loop today but great view of nature!

Monday, July 20, 2015

Great trail and picnic area, bathrooms were clean but make sure you bring plenty of water and snacks.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Our family of 6 hiked the 3.2 mile Yellow bridle trail south of 97. Great, quick morning hike. Very nice trail, good elevation change and two creek crossings. Will come back for sure to try the other trails. Disappointed to see All Trails didn't have these trails on their map. My phone lost signal so was unable to track/map our course.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Great for me and my family

Friday, April 24, 2015

hiked from the campground up the river to the covered bridge. one of the most scenic hikes in Ohio.

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Longest MTB Loop in Ohio. It kicked my but. Serious MTB ers only.

Friday, January 02, 2015

Been here often with my boys. Beautiful scenery..clean well marked paths. Have hiked all the paths. Also kayak the local river. The short trip and the longer one. Great area!!