Mohican Trail 6 Mile Loop

Mohican Trail 6 Mile Loop is a 6 mile heavily trafficked loop trail located near Loudonville, Ohio that features a river and is rated as difficult. The trail offers a number of activity options and is accessible year-round. Dogs are also able to use this trail but must be kept on leash.

A few options on the mountain biking - 6 mile and 24+ mile trail loops. Moderate difficulty with a few good climbs. Great trail and well placed climbs and descents on the full distance. If you only want to do the 6 mile - the turnoff is sharp and easy to miss so keep your eyes open.

This trail is a nice switch from our usual Hog Hollow hike! It’s quiet and you see very few other hikers on the trail. Watch for the bikes though!

Very fun hike! My wife, 10-year old daughter and I really enjoyed the varied elevations and beautiful views of the river. I would say the hike was really more of a moderate level, but a great time nonetheless.

Awesome trail even during winter months, with friendly hikers and mountain bikers. A couple of well placed picnic tables to grab a snack. Probably moderate in difficulty.

The trail gave us a the distance and a little of the incline we were looking for. Some spots were not well marked and a long trek runs close to a highly traveled road so we heard the rush of traffic when we wanted to hear the calm of nature. We added a section of trail along a creek and got our nature fill and 8 miles in. It is a good trail and a good workout. We'll go back.

This was a beautiful hike! I do wish this park had some longer trails (my group wasn't ready to be done at the end of this one, so we did the gorge trail as well). The trails are very well-maintained and we all really enjoyed it.

Beautiful trail. It's not really a loop and I did 10.6 miles on it today starting at the campground checkin, to the Lyons Falls and then back. The maps along the trail are really helpful. You have to walk through the campground to get to the remainder of this route but it's definitely hilly, along the water, well marked. Great trip!

This hike relies on about 4 miles of Mountain biking trail to make an actual loop. More moderate than hard, though there is Decent elevation.

The scenic out and back down the river (Hemlock Gorge) will still clock your 6 miles and offer much more to see.

For a true moderately difficult trail with plenty of elevation and scenic views, check out Hog Hollow and Lyons Falls trails!

Monday, February 27, 2017

Really nice!!

Friday, February 24, 2017

Hiked Pine Run trail and camped along the way. Great out of the way area and not far from cbus

Sunday, February 05, 2017

Went up the Mtn bike trail today - great view!

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Walked the MTB 24 mile loop yesterday. Was gorgeous scenery and fairly quiet, with some road noise in the background for a couple of miles. Primarily had the trail to myself hiking. Saw three MTBers, and one trail runner.

It's a good challenging hike for the full 24. I started out around 10:30, made it to the covered bridge by 1:30 and stopped for lunch, then continued on the trail which follows the road then goes back into the woods on the right.

Like others have said, the last couple miles kick your butt. It was also a bit wetter there, with a ton of rocks and roots at the end.

Overall fantastic hike. Thinking about doing the loop again in the future, but would love to stop and see some of the other smaller trails that come off the MTB loop.

Sunday, January 03, 2016

Great trail though used for mountain biking but plenty of room for hikers. Only did the short loop today but great view of nature!

Monday, July 20, 2015

Great trail and picnic area, bathrooms were clean but make sure you bring plenty of water and snacks.

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Our family of 6 hiked the 3.2 mile Yellow bridle trail south of 97. Great, quick morning hike. Very nice trail, good elevation change and two creek crossings. Will come back for sure to try the other trails. Disappointed to see All Trails didn't have these trails on their map. My phone lost signal so was unable to track/map our course.

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Great for me and my family

Friday, April 24, 2015

hiked from the campground up the river to the covered bridge. one of the most scenic hikes in Ohio.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Longest MTB Loop in Ohio. It kicked my but. Serious MTB ers only.

Friday, January 02, 2015

Been here often with my boys. Beautiful scenery..clean well marked paths. Have hiked all the paths. Also kayak the local river. The short trip and the longer one. Great area!!

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Looking forward to hiking on the 24 mile loop this Saturday. We will be staying in one of the Mohican State Park cottages for the weekend. Any insight on the specifics of the loop would be appreciated.

Saturday, September 06, 2014

This is just a trail with mainly all climbs. Nothing really technical. Vultures knob is a much better ride.

Tuesday, November 05, 2013

My morning started out early. I was on the trail by 6:30 with my head lamp. I was able to see pretty well. I had parked in the area by the camper’s check in. As it was late October, I wasn’t worried about overcrowding. I was able to complete the northern half, up to the covered bridge by 10:30. I rested and grabbed an early lunch on the bridge. I had hiked this portion several times before and like the other times, have enjoyed the quiet, peace and beauty. As I had made great time, I decided to complete the remainder of the 24 mile mountain bike loop. Previous times, I had completed the trail by following the river to the campground. After crossing the bridge and heading up the road, the trail took off to the right and I was back in the woods. This portion was just as serene as the other side. I had been looking forward to the fire tower and had come up to it just after mile 15. I posted several photos from the tower last week. The fall color was spectacular. I was able to complete the overall hike in just over 9 hours. I won’t lie, the last several miles kicked my butt. I would definitely do this hike again and plan on doing the southern portion in a couple of weeks.

Saturday, September 07, 2013

After the initial 1 - 2 mile climb, you get a great mix of downhill and climbing. The 24-mile loop was a butt-kicker for me, but there are quite a few points where the trail crosses the road so you can opt out when the trail gets the better of you (mile 19 won and food was calling my name). There are a few technical climbs where the roots will convince you that you actually decided to ride a pogo stick today and a few switch backs that you just have to go for or you might psych yourself out (ok fine, I walked ONE, whatever). Overall, not as technical as Vulture's Knob and really beautiful. I hear the fishing is decent, too.

Saturday, August 03, 2013

Beautiful place! Wonderful trails and if you don't mind a campground with no shower facilities - it's a great place to camp!!

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Mohican is about the most beautiful park I've encountered. The trails are well maintained but still give a feel of being miles away from everything. Mohican State Forest surrounds the park, so you'll never have to worry about running out of forest. The creeks and waterfalls were worth the hike to see.

Pets are allowed.